Doing an old house cleanout,...beer can collection?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Geeze Joe,

Now you got me wonderin and watchin for a pictorial update. If you think that one measly picture of a bean pot suffices, your a few side dishes short of a family meal. I mean come on, now... [8D]

After a delightful tale of the abandoned House of Hoarders, replete with the all aluminum pan room, tombstones panelling the basement, scads of beer cans. Unlooked at banana boat boxes, unseen picture paperweights, unphotographed everything...

Is this the same enterprising young man, with a terrific trio of like minded associates, that I remember digging beneath the floorboards of ye olde drugstore. We had pictures in situ that mighta made the passing contortionist say, "Please pass the St. Jacobs Oel." I think there may have even been video...

But this time, just when we could really root vicariously. I mean really Root, too, no half rooting allowed. Noooooooooo pictures. [8D][8D][8D]

no-photography-@-dream-wedding-expo-2009.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Geeze Joe,

Now you got me wonderin and watchin for a pictorial update. If you think that one measly picture of a bean pot suffices, your a few side dishes short of a family meal. I mean come on, now... [8D]

After a delightful tale of the abandoned House of Hoarders, replete with the all aluminum pan room, tombstones panelling the basement, scads of beer cans. Unlooked at banana boat boxes, unseen picture paperweights, unphotographed everything...

Is this the same enterprising young man, with a terrific trio of like minded associates, that I remember digging beneath the floorboards of ye olde drugstore. We had pictures in situ that mighta made the passing contortionist say, "Please pass the St. Jacobs Oel." I think there may have even been video...

But this time, just when we could really root vicariously. I mean really Root, too, no half rooting allowed. Noooooooooo pictures. [8D][8D][8D]

no-photography-@-dream-wedding-expo-2009.jpg
Very elequentley said and I agree. Get them pictures sir! PLEASE!

rockbot

Reaction score
tough crowd these days![:D]

we want pics, we want pics! while pounding your fists![:D][:D]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
But this time, just when we could really root vicariously. I mean really Root, too, no half rooting allowed. Noooooooooo pictures.

LoL,...Had no idea just what the story on the house was,...Just knew I was meeting a couple co workeres to haul scrap with a noon deadline....Sorry for the lack of any good pics, if and when we go back, I'll be sure to take along the camera...Perhaps next time it won't be raining either..[:D]

surfaceone

Reaction score
if and when we go back, I'll be sure to take along the camera...

Hey Joe,

What'ya mean "if"? There's no "ifs" in Tombstone basement land. Did you grab the box of Pictorial paperweights? Are you guys using them for poker chips as I type?

Tombstones in the basement! Man, this I wanna see. Consider me over here, Root-Root-Rooting for your return with photographic devices and further colorful travelogue.

What was that noon deadline all about? Did they already implode the place, or what?

untitledImplosion-425-w.jpg

RedGinger

Reaction score
Noon is when the scrap place closes, Surface. I'm hoping to get back there with them, this weekend. Will take lots of pics! Joe's just trying to do it "by the book".

surfaceone

Reaction score
Will take lots of pics! Joe's just trying to do it "by the book".

Hey Lauren,

Thanks for the update. You gotta get in there and stage manage this operation some, me thinks... That is, if the "book," allows the official documentarian to collect and record this place so well captured in Joe's original setting of the scene.

The story is crying out for a pictorial story board. I wanna see tombstones, and more tombstones. Ever do "rubbings" of any of the old stones? I'm talking multi-media here. Paperweights! Did the aluminum pan room move to the salvage yard?

The place sounds tremendous to me. I'm conjuring all these images, but, alas, not seeing any. So hurry up y'all, charge batteries, secure the Steadicam, proceed with gusto and aplomb.

The main images I'm conjuring are from a place in rural Virginia that I visited, all too briefly, many years ago. The place had been long abandoned, fully furnished, with clothes in closets and drawers. It was eerie as all get out. It had been visited, perhaps by kids, as some closets had the contents piled on the floor or tumbling out. The whole "Who, why, when?" trinity with a heaping side of "What the heck happened here?"

My friends and I we're interrupted in our exploration of the place, by the arrival of a gentleman from yonder hill, with his two large dogs and shotgun across his arm. He suggested that we Yankee interlopers get back to where we came from. We enthusiastically concurred and departed in enthusiastic high dungeon. As we retreated we noticed the curl of smoke just beneath the tree line on that hillside.

We had been lead on this adventure by a local boy, who had enticed us with a wonderful great swinging vine that allowed you to swing out over a ravine with a pre-George of the Jungle in 3D kind of appeal. I got no stinking pictures either, but some vivid memories.

Rambling reminiscence system is shutting down...

Enjoy the visit to this place, be safe, and knock us out with further story and lots of pictures, please.

080.JPG

glass man

Reaction score
Keep me in mind if ya find any Beatle [the band not bugs] stuff..a good while back Mr. Fred found some Beatle bubblegum cards and some plastic Beatle figures that were made in the 60s to go on birthday cakes..MR FREAD sent them to me and I still have them proudly displayed with the rest of my small Beatle collection!THANKS AGAIN MR. FRED!! JAMIE

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
Hey Jamie, when I was a kid in the mid 60's, I had a stack of those Beatle bubble gum cards. I think one of my sisters might still have them. [:)] ~Mike

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles