Dr.Hostetter Bitters look a like Bottle diff. embossing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleman

Reaction score
Hello, I have a bottle here that I would like a little information on. It is embossed with Stadiger’s Aurantii or Auranth (the cross bar may be missing of the H). Its 9 inches high and looks exactly like a Dr.Hostetter bitters bottle. It’s the same shape, color and size. It has a smooth base with a mold blown top. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is a bitters bottle or just a medicine. Thanks.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Bottleman and welcome to the forum !
Do you have a few pics of your bottle ? Is it embossed Stomach Bitters also ?
Does yours look like the one in my Brothers ebay auction ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=890&item=6115883058&rd=1
Brian

Bottleman

Reaction score
Wow, the bottle your brother has on ebay has the exact same name as the one i have. I dug it at a dump here in central PA about 4 months ago and checked the kovels book and ebay but didn’t see any. Mine is exactly the same as the one he has on there now but mine does not has Stomach Bitters written on it. I do have pictures but i can’t seem to get them on here.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Heres a picture of it.

Ay75916.jpg

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Bottleman , I don't have any info on your bottle without the Stomach Bitters embossed on it. It however may have been a label only Bitters . Wish it still had the label !!!
Brian

Reaction score
Hi Bottleman,

I found this link to "aurantii" - http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed/eclectic/kings/citrus-aura_flores.html. This is from King's American Dispensatory, 1898. Aurantii flores are orange flowers. I don't know if this helps you figure out if it is a bitters or a medicine, but it's interesting!

Bonnie

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter