Dr. Pepper cooler

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crozet86

Reaction score
Today a friend of mine who knows i collect and buy almost anything bottle related called me.He has a very nice unpainted Dr. Pepper metal handled cooler. It has a tray in the top almost like a toolbox so im guessing this may be a picnic type cooler.Sadly the only condition problem is the top is missing.Is this something that can be found and does it still have any value? I didnt get to take any pictures but im sure this is one of the first Dr. Pepper coolers made. The cooler i can get real cheap but dont want to buy it unless i can resell it. Any help is appreciated.

LC

Reaction score
I have bought two coolers over the years with the lid missing thinking that somewhere down the road I would find a lid for them , never did find a lid for either one of them . But its like everything else , you may buy it and later stumble into a lid for it , anything is possible I guess . Or you may possibly run into a junk cooler that you could buy cheap and use the lid for the other . I have seen women take thses old coolers and stick them out in the yard and use them for a flower planters .

Eric

Reaction score
It is probably a Progress A1 model picnic cooler.... there are generics out there for parts that run around $20... Dr Pepper coolers would be worth more depending on the condition... I bought a Royal Crown with no lid for $40 and a few months later a generic popped up at auction for $10 took the lid and parted the rest out on eBay... there is always someone looking for the tray, handle, drain plug, corner guards... post a pic when you can.

jays emporium

Reaction score
I just saw some of those metal coolers with lids at an antique mall yesterday. They had Coca Cola, Royal Crown and 7up and wanted about $250. each for them. Of course they been sittin there awhile at that price.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward