Dr. Taft / For Sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Susanne....

What part of Wash you from? I'm over here in the SE corner of Oregon...are we close neighbors..."just across the hollar" from each other?

The Doc..DR J[X(]

luvtodig

Reaction score
Hey Dr. J [:)] I was born in Seattle Wash...then moved to the Eastern part of the state when I was a teenager...don't know if you know of the area or not..Wenatchee, Wash to be exact...spent 25 yrs. there..that is where I did all my bottle digging.when my kids were young, we spent every weekend, vacation ect. hunting old homesteads, mining camps, ghost towns, and of course old dumps...I have been into Oregon some..mostly to the ocean..I bet that it is pretty similar to Eastern Wash, where you are...I left my home state over a year and a half ago...now I am in southern Illinois..learning a whole new area[8D] happy hunting[:D]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Susanne, I know what you mean by the 'Yank', our son is going to school in West Virgina, and when we visit they all know we're Yanks.[:)] i can't win though, I'm from NY State originally, and even though I've lived in Maine since 1977, I'm still 'from away'. I find except for the deep south, a lot of the local dialects seem to be becoming homoginized into a general one. In spite of all the dipictions on the tube, you really don't hear a lot of Mainers saying 'ayah', unless you get 'downeast'.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide