DR YY CALDWELL MONTICELLO

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lepew62

Reaction score
I went the Auglaize to wade for a bit. I actually ended up wading about 3 miles. I found a City Brewing Wapakoneta and a cobalt blue cork bottle, capital M is embossed on the bottom. As I waded along I passed a steep hillside and noticed shards at the base. I decided to climb the hill and see whats up. I did find a dump with several large rolls of fencing covering it. I was able to find a bottle washed out from under the pile. It is embossed Dr. YY Caldwell Monticello Illinois. No embossing describing contents though. I found the City brewing bottle at the tail of a long pool. I did not wade further up due to the water appearing to deep to see into. I might have to figure something out for this area of the river. I also found an A T & T co. toll pole insulator. At first I thought the top was broke off. It appears though that the top was open. I had never seen an insulator such as that, it is threaded.

carobran

Reaction score
Thats a W,not YY,thought it does look like it on those bottles.

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lepew62
I also found an A T & T co. toll pole insulator. At first I thought the top was broke off. It appears though that the top was open. I had never seen an insulator such as that, it is threaded.
You may have found the bottom half of a Two Piece Transposition insulator. There are some that have that exact embossing but yours was obviously used by American Telephone & Telegrapgh Company.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR