Dug a privy got a rock

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

webby

Reaction score
yeah........but don't tumble it !!!!!!!

tigue710

Reaction score
Haha, Kideny stone... All I got today was about 10 million black berry seeds... And a slick... No trash at all in that one! Least it was only five feet deep...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I here ya Tigue,this one had the huge clay and no use layer,what the hell where they capping off???? stll more fun then work [:D] ohhh well ya got to dig the bad ones to get to the good.

wilmingtonbottleboys

Reaction score
I feel your pain man!! I have spent around 14 hrs. on digging this lot and all we found were two crappy bottles!! Oh well, you win some, you lose some!!!

tigue710

Reaction score
I can not for the life of me figure out who in there right mind would a bunch of crap out of a hole just to fill it in! What were they thinking?

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Oh man, my back hurts just looking at the picture of that rock. I'm sorry you didn't get the payoff you deserve. I went diving today at a great spot for 4 1/2 hrs underwated, and I came back essentially empty as well. It was a lot of work, but no way was it as hard as what you did today.

I've got to say, of the few successes I've had digging privies ( not here in New England, elsewhere), when it pays off, there is nothing quite like it. Stacked bottles, like opening a treasure chest, and you know that everything you find, as you go deeper and deeper, will be progressively older.

One part of diving I dont like quite as much, is that it is like all the trash went through a washing machine, and everything is churned up and mixed together, so you spend a lot of time handling empty Budweiser bottles, and new Coke cans, and you hope you find that pontil bottle mixed in.

Dont give up ! Hope you hit a big loaded privy soon

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Rick, looks like you're diggin' in my neighborhood. HAR! A rock and a slick; I've done worse. A rock and a busted slick.[:D]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: wilmingtonbottleboys

I feel your pain man!! I have spent around 14 hrs. on digging this lot and all we found were two crappy bottles!! Oh well, you win some, you lose some!!!

The only pain I feel is in my lower spine,I take those duds with a grain of slack lime, sooner or latter one will pay off.[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229