Dug this 10 footer after the tornado!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tftfan

Reaction score
Nice adventure ! Those browns are sweeeet.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Great finds Jack! Gotta love them amber drugstores [;)]

What was the hutch?

~Tim

ORIGINAL: cannibalfromhannibal

Well, almost after....we got smacked around by 2 twisters here in Hannibal on Monday the 20th and lost power for 6 days. Now I can only imagine those less fortunate in Oklahoma and elsewhere! So I went out a week later and dug a hole and jumped in it. Went from machined era near the top to 1870's at the bottom. Problem was water in the last 2 feet where the 70's stuff was. So I went noodeling for bottles, bare handed! Escaped with only a slight nick, and wasn't from fishing around! Was paid off by finding my first colored Hannibal med, an L. Orynski who was in business from 1871 to 1880. I went home that night with about half the hole left with 2 feet of muck to fish out and had the thought there was likely a larger sized one. Sure enough, next am when I returned and got into the hole, found half a dozen more in the muck. Just as I thought I found the last, I felt a pretty solid piece of glass and up came the larger one! Made my day for sure! Found the small one right before the larger one and though unembossed, am fairly certain it is a label only Orynski. Also found my first breast pump undamaged....with a decrepit rubber bulb....and a frozen Charolette doll missing her right arm and foot.....think she needs renaming to frozen Eileen, as in I Lean! HaHa! Jack

6AFC86454FE144849A650C871EBCE13F.jpg

texasdigger

Reaction score
L. Ornyski is also a druggist from San Antonio Texas. I wonder if they are the same guy. I would assume they are.

Brad

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles