Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Dump Truck Finds

143Tallboy

May 31, 2004
The Great White North
IT'S BROKEN BUT WILL LOOK GOOD IN THE WINDOW . CAL . ELEC . WORKS
That's a tough insulator. The damage is going to hurt the value quite a bit but in mint shape that's a 600 - 800 dollar find. It looks to be speciment condition at best - probably worth $50 to $75 tops but a nice early insulator (1870's) made in California. Congrats on all the finds. The bottles are amazing.

southfork

Feb 14, 2020
That's a tough insulator. The damage is going to hurt the value quite a bit but in mint shape that's a 600 - 800 dollar find. It looks to be speciment condition at best - probably worth $50 to $75 tops but a nice early insulator (1870's) made in California. Congrats on all the finds. The bottles are amazing.
Thanks I was thinking 25 cents at a yard sale .

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
Let me know if you wanta sell those Cobalt Blue Bottles before you sell them at a Yard Sale for 25 cents. LOL.

jarhead67

Sep 29, 2012
Missouri
I used to collect the color run on those Owen Casey sodas. They are quite collectible as there are a wide range of shades from deep blue through green, but some cornflower or light aqua ones being the harder to find. Mostly 1860's with some variants. Very early California soda. Most buyers might want to see them in their line-up before committing, but you should have no problem selling them if you put them side by side in a photo to compare. Or, you could start your own run from what you already have. Very nice finds.

Last edited:

Lordbud

Jun 16, 2005
San Jose
I would put the Cal. Elec. Works insulator on ebay. You might be surprised at the winning bid. The older SF insulators are doing quite well - fantastically well - these days.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomic Putz