Duraglas with man on bottom base

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kadcock

Reaction score
I have recently joined this forum in hopes of determing what most of the bottles in my collection are and what their value is. As a kid I would dig in farm dumps with my dad on weekends. I have hundreds of unique bottles that have been sitting in my basement for over 40 years. It is time that I start getting rid of some of them.

I have a srew cap bottle that is 7 or 8 oz. It is clear with a very light tint of green. There are five rings at the neck and on the bottom (referring to the bottom while still standing upright) is the words Duraglas. When you tip it over and check out the base there is a stamping of a man who looks like he is waving, a diamond bezel and the numbers 9 and 7. Question is, what is it and what is it worth?

my email address is: foxhunterkipp@verizon.net

Thank you, Kipp

kadcock

Reaction score
I discovered that the embossed diamond has an "IO" in the center of it. Therefore, it was made by Owens Illinios? Why both "9" and "7"? I thought these were plant locations?

PermInk

Reaction score
i just picked this one up yesterday at the flea market for .50. Has some imperfections, but I really liked it for the little Eskimo on the bottom [8|]

E2E32FF0513F4D5C8A2B6B523B503A99.jpg

Attachments

• E2E32FF0513F4D5C8A2B6B523B503A99.jpg
    E2E32FF0513F4D5C8A2B6B523B503A99.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 73

kadcock

Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded. It is in fact a Pluto mineral water bottle. If you look really hard at the stampt markings you can see the "Pluto" under the man. Ironically, the stamping goes through a portion of the word.

My bottle is different than the one posted. It has a screw type replacable capand is much smaller. Stay tuned, I have lots more to pick the brains with.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles