Dusty old organ. No not MINE!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glopf43

Reaction score
Well, I was looking around some old abondoned buildings and farms near my property (there are MANY!)[:D]. I found a very small house with the doors open so I went in. I found this cool old insturment inside. Reminds me of "The Munster's". The house stands next to a state Highway (in the puplic 'right of way') that is due to be widened soon. I'm wondering if I should save this organ from the wrecking-ball. What would you do?

Gd93892.jpg

Attachments

• Gd93892.jpg
    Gd93892.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 86

CJCrystalmines

Reaction score
What are you waiting for??? Go get it before someone else does. If you don't you'll wish you had later, especially if you see it selling for lots of $$$. Take it home and clean it. You can always ditch it later, if you find out it's not worth anything, though I think it probably is!
Carmen

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
I got started in the antiques trade dealing in primarily furniture in the early 90's, The organ isn't worth too much, its in pretty rough shape[&o], but if you can find out who made it some of the parts may be worth some change to someone else who is trying to restore one...[;)]
BOB

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Dear Gary,

Your Reed organ is worth something for someone who is trying to restaure another. Back in the 1970's when I was keen, younger and had lot of time on my hands, I restaured an 1895 Thomas Reed organ. It was completely taken appart and rebuilt bit by bit. The organ later played just like a charm and brought me a great deal of fun back in the days when I was playing piano as a hobby. I recall looking for spare parts which took me nearly one year to track down. If I was you, I would post the organ on Ebay with all the pictures you can get. You might be surprised what it may sell for. To the right person it might be all the parts needed to complete a restauration project.

My two cents

Thierry G. Papion

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1