Early 1800's Cellar Hole

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

portland med. man

Reaction score
sound like a tear jerker thats always the case they didnt want the kids or animals stepping on the broken glass so they covered it up with egyptian style rock piles... sme times the little ones survive but thats a long shot i usually still dig the piles up under it all they might be a few survivors ... watch out poison ivy loves rock piles keep it up the diggin any way peace.....

MainsE42

Reaction score
I live in Freeport, ME and I was wondering if you guys knew where to find a used metal detector in the area. I have been digging in bottle dumps around the pownal area over the last couple weeks. I wanted to check out an old cellar hole that I went to and investigated it's pretty overgrown now and resides on a privately owned farm, I don't know if anyone has dug there yet but I wouldn't be surprised, as it is so close to the road. Thanks for the great idea about using GPS and old Topo maps, I'll have to try that sometime.

portland med. man

Reaction score
whats up mains freeport has been hit pretty dang good and yarmouth and pownal thats my old stomping grounds i`m origanally from yarmouth and have dug that area for years there is still a few places to hit but up that way it is getting harder and harder to find good dump sites..... good luck on the cellar hole if it`s the one on the old dump road you might have luck but it is posted really good and has stuff in it i found some pontils in it but need to get permission to do a full dig.... good luck anyway maybe we`ll bump into each other... one day....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey