EASTON PA DIG

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pa digger

Reaction score
another pic

Lj21404.jpg

Attachments

• Lj21404.jpg
    Lj21404.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 69

madman

Reaction score
ah yes nice finds, are those all warranted flasks lined up ? very nice mike

atdadump

Reaction score
Pa Digger

Have you been digging dumps in the Easton area, or digging the privy's? A few of us were digging in that area last fall and found some similar stuff. Nice Schuyllkill county bottles, Did you find them there? I live in the Lehighton area, Do you have any local Sodas or Meds you want to sell?

pa digger

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I do not dig at dumps to often as i have never found one old enough yet. I dig privy's for the most part. The schroth and deegan hutch i bought, i would sure like to dig that kind of stuff. I just started to dig in schuyllkill county and have done a few holes but the best thing that i found there was a yellow f.j. brennan hutch and that was broken in 30 pieces and some of them were not found in the privy. Do you know of anything in the Lehighton area that would be good that was never dug? I know that area was hit pretty good a number of years ago.

kastoo

Reaction score
Just because a dump has been hit hard or dug hard does not mean it's all gone.

pa digger

Reaction score
I did not say that, i said that i have not had any luck with dumps. I would dig an 1860's dump in a heart beat, but most that i have been to are to late for my interest 1890-1910.

atdadump

Reaction score
There is one dump that was dug thru for years, It's large and about 12 ft. deep. the only problem is you can only get to the deepest part during drought. the last two years were just too wet. I'd say there would be at least 4 ft of water if it wasn't frozen now. I'll post a picture of the nicest stuff some time. I found a iron pontil P. Sharkey from Mauch Chunk Pa and my son found a smooth base in perfect shape. I also found a Cobalt Seitz Mineral Water in good shape. These were by far the three nicest bottles we got out of there. We did find alot of Honorable Mentions also. Three years ago my son dug a J.J. Hottenstine from Allentown Pa. from another local dump, but thats almost totally gone thru and given up on. There's not much that wasn't gone thru here and it's very hard to get an OK on a privy. People just clam up on the idea. Weissport is the place if you can get permissions. That's where you'll get the Nusbaum's and the G.E.' s these are the local gold nuggets.

atdadump

Reaction score
Here's some of the better one's

Yw66440.jpg

Attachments

• Yw66440.jpg
    Yw66440.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 67

atdadump

Reaction score
Another one from easton Pa

Attachments