ebay jar pricing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

A few days ago I told you to keep an eye on this ebay auction, with a pre auction estimate of $10-$50. Link is too long to post here since it was an ebay live auction, but copy and paste this number into the ebay search box.

Closed at $25K, the second highest a jar has ever sold for on ebay.

Bob Clay

earlyglass

Reaction score
Bob, That is pretty exciting! I am not a jar guy, but it sure is wild to see a $25,000 treasure mixed in with all of that other "stuff"! Good call. How many examples of this jar are known out there? I am also amazed to hear that it is the second highest. Do you have any information on the highest (auction) priced jar?

Thanks,
Mike

capsoda

Reaction score
Urp, Ack, Reep, Burble, I got 2 of those.......

Just jokin, but that is outstanding. Bet that guy still can't sleep.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi all,
Unlike most eBay auctions, this one had a 10% buyers premium - making the total $27,500.00 plus sales tax unless the buyer has a resale permit. Wonder who bought it? -Tammy

bobclay

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

To my knowledge the record price for a fruit jar is $29,400 for a beautiful cobalt blue Millville. A cobalt blue Mason's CFJCo Improved brought $20,000 a couple years back. (both not counting the buyer's premium) I know most all of the players in this auction, but I do not know who might have been on the floor that did actually purchase it. Also, I know of only one other example of this jar and this one was supposedly in better condition.

Still hard to believe a fruit jar can be worth so much money. And the auctioneer and/or consignor didn't have a clue what they had! Like has been said earlier...I ain't never been that lucky! :eek:)

Bob Clay

capsoda

Reaction score
Wow, I remember the Millville selling. Watched it in amazement. Easer to believe it is worth that much than to believe someone would or could pay that for it.

earlyglass

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bob. Hopefully, your search will take to a case of them tucked away in an old barn!

Well, if I ever encounter an unusual fruit jar, I'll be sure to drop you an email.

Thanks,
Mike

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR