EBAY PEOPLE AND POLICY ARE NUTS!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Just got 2 Neutral feedbacks,

one because the person say that the item I sent him didnt match the picture (which is a complete lie)

the other because I didnt send the package in one day instead of three (one of those days being a sunday). He thinks that ebay policy is that people have to send out packages in one day (got to him 5 days after payment) when in actuality the seller has 30 days according to ebay policy. What a nutjob.

And of course after arguing with ebay for 3 hours they told me to either get off the line or they would block me from calling and that there is nothing they can do even though the second feedback was a violation of ebay policy.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Sorry NY. You should be able to reply below the feedback. If you do keep them extra friendly so that others, if they look at them think that you are emminently reasonable.

EG. I can't understand why he thinks it didn't match because it was the exact same bottle. I would have refunded if he had asked . . .

#2. I shipped the item within three days (including the weekend). I did not know he needed it sooner.

????

NyDigger1

Reaction score
the second started arguing with me and left me these comments:

"Well I am sorry but I call it as I see it! E-Bay calls for a one day shipping policy not three and it costs only $1.64 to ship an item of that size.So once again I just call it loike I see it.Have a nice day."

"Maybe you should try another source of income because your not very good at this."

"Don't contact me again i am done with you i don't have time for children.if you continue I will report you to E-bay."

It was ebay that advised me to contact the buyers to try to resolve things. They told me to describe why I ship in as long as I do and why I charge as much (I always charge $6.50 for the 50 states). The buyer neither read my policy or ebays policy and is as stubborn as an mule.

the first buyer never responded.

surfaceone

Reaction score
And of course after arguing with ebay for 3 hours they told me to either get off the line or they would block me from calling...

Hey Mike,

You're kinda noodgy & a teenage male, right?

I mean no offense, but that is the impression I've rightly, or wrongly gathered. I've been there, my self, but it's been decades.

I've never had any eplace dealings. I'm not remembering any warm and fuzzy reviews on their policies & practices of late, either. "Neutral" doesn't sound too catastrophic to me. Does it take away from that coveted 100% rating?

You're also a dreaded "New Yorker." People from 49 other states, assorted territories, and foreign lands would be delighted to give you the raspberries on any given day, just because of that. [8D]

Good luck with the eplace stuff & bother.

Continuing congratulations on your website, impressive collection & ongoing quest for 5 Burroughs glass.

Bronx_Cheer.gif
From.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
Surfacecone, your right about every single thing [:D] thanks for the pic that made my morning! and thanks for the compliment, although ive had to put off the collection as of late for school =(. Wont be able to work on my site until mid december.

But hey, born in NYC lol, Ive got a New Yorker attitude and im 100% proud of it [:)]

epackage

Reaction score
I suggest you change your shipping policy Mike, those 2 stones shouldn't cost $6.50 to ship unless you're sending them "Next Day Guaranteed". Don't sweat the feedbacks though because it's part of doing business my friend, it's tough to please everyone...[;)]

NyDigger1

Reaction score
thanks jim but I cant change it. I used to send them in envelopes, wrapped, and they would sometimes break through the bubble wrap and the envelope itself! By the time it got to the customer, they stones will have fallen out. This has happened 4 times over the past 2 years. Some of them are extremely sharp.

I dont want to take any more chances, or replacements. So im sending it priority mail flat rate box only. If people dont like it fine, let them, but i send a message explaining why I charge as much as I do / why i ship it in a box to every customer after a purchase, so this guy was just too dumb to get the memo (plus when I originally sent that message, he wrote that it was fine).

Plus he was making up ebay policy "according to ebay policy you must ship within one day of my purchase" is this guy whacko? I wrote him the whole ebay shipping policy and the arguing ensued from there.

I just cant please everyone, no matter how hard I try, he just lacked the brain cells to comprehend -__-

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
In my opinion there is a possibility that people done it on purpose!! & it really sucks when somebody leave an unfair feedback it's really piss me off!! It happened to me once I contacting eBay the only way to remove feedback is that you must have an U.S court order.

Don't be so sad some people will understand your issue with that Jerk.

If I were you I'll make sure put his user id in my block list so shit won't happen again.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter