Embossed mustard barrels

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
Many of these barrels also contained products other than mustard. Such as pickle relish, horse radish, etc.
sc pontil collector

ktbi

Reaction score
SC Pontil Collector - I have two barrel mustards that are yours if you want them. They are common so you probably already have them. PM your address and I'll send them out. The SCA and Clear ones are embossed 'Moutarde Diaphane Louit Freres & Co." . The shorter green one, with a lip chip, is embossed on the bottom only with "Bordeaux". The purple and green ones were dug in the Virginia City -Carson City, Nevada area in the 60's. The clear one was part of a box lot I bought about three years ago....I do want to keep the purple one - but the other two are yours....Ron

EF788DE888A24395AD0C9454E9DBE46A.jpg

Attachments

• EF788DE888A24395AD0C9454E9DBE46A.jpg
    EF788DE888A24395AD0C9454E9DBE46A.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 114

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
Hi Ron,
That is very kind of you to offer them to me, thank you. They appear to be French mustards and I would love to have them.
As soon as I figure out how to PM you, I'll send you my address.
Just because I am curious, would you mind posting a picture of your purple mustard. You don't see too many mustards in any color other than clear and aqua.
I used to live in Napa, which is fairly close to Vacaville. Many years ago, I would be driving up or down 80 on my way to some bottle show and pass Vacaville.
sc pontil collector

ktbi

Reaction score
The one in the middle is SCA (purple-ish). That's the one I was referring to. Click on my blue name ktbi. On the next pop-up page, in the left-hand colum, you will see an email link. Click on that to send a PM....Ron

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
Hi Ron,
Thanks for info on how to PM.
The middle barrel is usually in clear glass ,so if its turning purple its a keeper for sure. I couldn't tell from the picture which one it was.
Thanks again,
sc pontil collector

luckiest

Reaction score
These are great! I can't wait till I dig one of my own, I always check the plain barrels for pontil marks because they are so crude.

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
Hey Luckiest,
If you dig up a barrel or two, please post them on the forum.
sc pontil collector

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey SC pontil collector,

Thanks for the additional photos. All I can say is "More," please. Oh, and "please pass the Grey Poupon."

5Y65O55Q23nd3m63l7bad98f46439452e17c0.jpg
From This guy.

baltbottles

Reaction score
there is a pontiled Mustard barrel from Baltimore I'd love to have. I have a shard around in a box if I can find it i will post a picture.

Chris

SC pontil collector

Reaction score
Chris,
Do you know the name of this Baltimore mustard?
Hey, if you dig up more than one and want a new home for it. I would definitely be interested in working out a deal with you.
sc pontil collector

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause