emossed tree

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

welddigger

Reaction score
i was just wondering what the oldest date anybody else has found carved into a tree while out dump hunting?today i went out strolling on a hillside were i've some decent dumps i think it was an old quarryand i spotted a huge slippery elm with initials carved into it .the oldest was from 1929 wich is kinda of cool considering this is out in the middle of nowhere and i don't think anybodys walked by this tree since the original carvers did there handy work.so if you've seen some oldert ones let me know.

welddigger

Reaction score
sorry about the spelling it is midnight and i've worked 10 hours and then went dump hunting but i don't work for the next three days yeeeeeeehaaaaaa!

huffmnd

Reaction score
The oldest date that I can recall ever finding, was scratched into a rock by a creek, is 1851 and the person's name which I can't recall. It was just outside of a little town here in middle tennessee. I found it odd because the town wasn't established until 1889.

crkgrl

Reaction score
Found some names written on the remnants of a lodge hall from the 1860's. They were written in what looked to be some kind of pencil or graphite. Hard to believe they lasted all this time. They were in the doorway to the main meeting hall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85