Estate Sale Bottles, Two Unopened.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
First, what should I do about a bottle with its cap on it where the cap has a small hole in it and I want to keep the cap intact? Should I carefully remove it?
Diet%2BLike%2B002.JPG
Someone wrote on most of them. Been working on removing those issues. All written on were dated in the 1960s. Maybe expiration dates? Others said 10 CT. 10 count? Today after class, I was driving home and was on the main road that branches off into my own when, suddenly, I noticed an Estate Sale sign.So I keep going, turn off, and pull up into a large throng of cars filling the sides of the road. And I park in the grass, step out of the Neon I now drive, and go up to the garage. I first hit the upstairs where I was looking through vintage books for specifics and suddenly overheard someone asking one of the people working there, "What's downstairs?"I'm still too focused to really be listening in, but suddenly I hear, "There's furniture, lamps, pictures, and bottles."I set down what I was looking at as nothing went back before the 1920s (some really good '20s books, though,) and made my way to the basement. I turn right into a dull laundry room and see it filled with jars. Although I was not quite despairing (I know little on jars,) I began looking through them and trying to figure out if 1-3 dollars was an acceptable risk on any. I decided No and was disappointed, for if there were jars there, would there not also be bottles? I leave that room after taking a peak behind the stairwell-- couldn't see much, for it was too pitch-black. Suddenly, looking right, Bottles! Oh yay. ACLs, paper-label, but nothing embossed. Shame, but alas: There were a few worth picking up, and others semi-local if not local, so certainly a must-have at the price of $1 each.And I look for date-codes. Shoot, man. 1968, 1973. Oh, but wait, 1958, 1963-- ah, a bit better. And so I begin to make a pile.
Diet%2BLike%2B010.JPG
An early Diet beverage put out by Seven-Up. ^ I add to the pile a Grand Rapids paper label bottle-- rough shape, a bit too modern, but I'll take it: Sunglow Royal Blend Cola, 1963.I find several diet Like bottles; hmm, interesting. And I grabbed an unopened one and an opened one-- the two best, in which I got one with a 5 Cent off cap from Quality Beverage Co. of Muskegon-- my town. I picked it up more for the cap than anything else. Didn't need multiples of this bottle.
Diet%2BLike%2B004.JPG
Diet%2BLike%2B008.JPG
Around from 1963 to 1969. The ones I picked up were 1963 and 1964.
Diet%2BLike%2B009.JPG
A coupon or sale cap that has a small hole in it [:eek:]^
Diet%2BLike%2B005.JPG
1959 Par-T-Pack paper label, 1963 Sunglow Cola from a near city, 1958 Vernors Ginger Ale with a "note" that they age their flavor for 4 years.
Diet%2BLike%2B012.JPG
Back.
Diet%2BLike%2B006.JPG
1959 Paper label Par-T-Pak. ^
Diet%2BLike%2B003.JPG
Threw them in this vintage carrier. It's not very old (Pepsi bottles in it dated 1973,) and I likely won't keep it, but it's a good holder for now.
Diet%2BLike%2B016.JPG
All of this was buried in decades of dust. I went back, grabbed the other unopened one which has a Spur cap on it from my town as well. Also a Little Squirt twist (Squirt) from I'm guessing the 1950s, several tins including some nearing 100 years old, an an ACL jar. One tin I so badly want to open, but we cannot get it open. I'm not sure that it's been opened since it was made, and it may be a century or more old. Whatever is in it rattles around. Not sure what Patent Applied For Eureka Tape Repairer looks like. It's for a doz. 5/16 heavy ___? The back tells me what to do and makes it seem like some sort of sleeve for joining two broken ends of metal. The 'tape' is not tape as I understand it.

botlguy

Reaction score
I couldn't work through your entire post.No interest there for me. No age. I'm sure others will disagree. Mass produced items have very limited interest although they're coming of age. Jim

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
botlguy said:
I couldn't work through your entire post.No interest there for me. No age. I'm sure others will disagree. Mass produced items have very limited interest although they're coming of age. Jim

Not sure why people post if they're going to speak negatively?

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
BTW, had you read the post, you'd see that my interests were mainly in the Like bottles with local caps. The others were either of enough age, semi-local, or came with the others. I'm still interested in what I best do for the damaged local cap.

botlguy

Reaction score
I think so called negative comments give you the best perspective of the viewpoints of others. It's like going to 10 Doctors who say you are going to die of cancer and then going to one who says there is hope. You believe the last one who tells you what you want to believe. I said: "I'm sure others will disagree". There are others who see these items as collectible. I don't. That's my viewpoint. Take it or leave it. Just don't be upset when I don't go along with what you "want" to hear. For me, I wouldn't give you a nickel for the entire bunch you presented today. Others might give you a fortune. I've supported your posts in the past. I'd trade you a nice bottle or two for some of those pavers although this is a BOTTLE forum. I like you Man. Jim

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Jim, you used to be so uplifting and positive about any of my finds or buys regardless of age. This year that changed. I'll not ask in public what happened, but PM is open if you ever need to talk.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
It's not my collecting interest either, but I love this stuff! I buy it to resale, to other collectors, if it makes them happy, the feelings, mutual. So I read a lot of posts, the knowledge is power theme , and the forum benefits us all, whether we are collecting and purchasing to resale!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen