Expedited Shipping :-(

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
:mad: I collect soda bottles. I like to collect lots of different but inexpensive bottles from Ebay, flea markets, antique stores, bottle shows, and bottle club meetings. Anyway, I have noticed that Expedited Shipping seems to have gone up a lot. It is now often almost double the price of the bottle itself so the bottle price is only about 1/3 of the total bill.

I have the impression that a lot of sellers read these forums, so I'm saying that, from my perspective, Expedited Shipping is a bid killer; I have recently passed up on several interesting bottles in the last 2 months because this kind of shipping is 2x the price of the bottle.

Standard Shipping is good!

Admittedly, I am not much of a seller; I have a few bottles to sell that I've had sitting around for months or years. Perhaps someone here has some information about how Expedited Shipping is so much better for a $7 bottle.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you are referencing, but through eBay, I can ship a 2 lb item via priority mail typically at or less the cost of shipping it USPS Standard Post. It typically costs me (with me eBay discount) about $7-8 to ship a standard soda bottle. Sadly, I'm not sure there is really a cheaper method, but I don't think expedited shipping is the reason...of course all shipping charges are for weight rather than value so if I sell a 2lb $0.99 bottle, it will still be about $8 to ship.

If the seller uses regional rate Priority Mail boxes (size A), this can keep costs down even more. The bad thing is that eBay's shipping calculator doesn't allow that to be selected as an option...it just has the flat rate boxes. Nonetheless, "expedited shipping" these days via USPS Priority mail automatically includes $50 worth of insurance, which is great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen