extremely rare TEAL! chero cola bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
i realize that chero cola's do not get the respect they deserve, and there are alot that are quite common, BUT what alot of people dont realize is that like everything else, there are quite a few that are rare, and hard to get, because of this lack of interest an extremely rare bottle wont make it over around $60 when an ,lets say, equally rare SS coke would easily do 10x that amount.

i just scored this one off ebay, for about $25 shipping and all, i couldnt believe it, ive looked around for quite a while putting my book together, and this is THE ONLY teal chero cola ive ran across, ive seen all other colors including, purple(both irradiated and non), aqua, green, and citron

here is a picture of it next to a plain common aqua one

4475DF0C296F4B9AA11F451F4A16A382.jpg

Attachments

• 4475DF0C296F4B9AA11F451F4A16A382.jpg
    4475DF0C296F4B9AA11F451F4A16A382.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 82

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
aqua from chattanooga, tenn. they are pretty common, the teal is from New Orleans,LA common town, but THAT COLOR! far as i know its one of a kind, anyone else got any? the pictures dont show its TRUE color, they make it look more dark aqua than teal, but bottle in hand, its DEFINATELY teal

155DB7B5789143CD97C35FB08B11567F.jpg

Attachments

• 155DB7B5789143CD97C35FB08B11567F.jpg
    155DB7B5789143CD97C35FB08B11567F.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 84

morbious_fod

Reaction score
I just checked that out. It is interesting. It makes me wonder how old the Nehi bottling plant is in Bluefield, VA. I looks like a fairly old building, I wonder if it is old enough to have bottled Chero Cola. If I find out any information about it's bottling them during my research I will let you know.

LC

Reaction score
Wish I could get to the stacks of pop cases I have full of bottles I have buried, I think I have a bunch of these in one of the cases, but do not remember if any of them have color.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
that building wouldnt have to be all that old, it wasnt started until 1903, in columbus Ga, and a few years later until they actually started to branch out, chero cola was made up until its formula remanufacture around 1935

LOUIS! shame on you! quit being lazy and contribute your chero cola bottles! i need the info for real though, if you can get to them i would appreciate it

thank you both

I would really like to get my hands on one of those citron examples, they look pretty good too....

the reason a few came out teal and citron instead of plain aqua and green is because when they mixed a new batch of glass, it was pretty concentrated to start with, so the first few bottles from a new batch came out alot darker and slightly different shades original colors were aqua,green,and clear

known colors that chero's come in now are clear, aqua, green, citron, sun colored, and teal

LC

Reaction score
Columbus Georgia ! When I was drafted into the Armed Forces, that is where those crazy people sent me first. First time away form home and was sent to a worse city than the one I lived and grew up in. Didn't think that was at all possible. Although there was this one night in the old part of Columbus down on eighth street, me and a couple of other guys met up with these Pros,,,,, well, never mind that, I still shudder when I recall how that evening ended for us .....

As for the Chero bottles Spence, I do not believe you understand just how buried they are ! Will take a look tomorrow and see if I can somehow get into some of them, I am not promising anything though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR