F. H. Heckings Mineral Water?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Big Ralph

Reaction score
heckings1.jpg
Hi all. I posted questions about this bottle some time ago and didn't have much luck with finding somewhat of a value on it. It's embossed F.H. Hecking's, Mineral Water, New York. It stands 8" tall and holds about 18 Oz. of liquid. Beautiful Emerald Green and the bottle is in mint condition. I don't think it was ever in the ground. Since it's been a couple of years since I posted about it, I thought maybe some new info may have surfaced. I have a bunch of people who really want it but the value guesses go from an auctioneer who said put it in my auction and lets see what happens to a guy who said no one will buy it because it's the wrong color----no one wants green but he will give me fifty bucks for it just to take it off my hands. Any help out there? Thanks so much .

nhpharm

Reaction score
Frederick H. Hecking was a soda and mineral water manufacturer as well as an importer of essential oils at 370 Pearl St. in New York City from at least 1859 through at least 1875. Later (1876-1879) he appears to have moved to 381 Pearl and sold essential oils. I believe he was a chemist and his mineral waters were "artificial". I know at least one of these has been dug (several years ago) but I believe these are quite rare. Definitely not the "wrong" color and definitely worth more then $50. This is probably a good one to put in one of the big bottle auctions if you are looking to sell...I think it would do just fine. My wild guess is $300-$500.

Big Ralph

Reaction score
Thanks guys. To botguy: where is Heckler's located? I am in the NE.

sandchip

Reaction score
"Wrong color, but I'll take it off your hands." What a nice guy to try to help you out like that.

Big Ralph

Reaction score
Yeah sandchip, and he said it with a straight face. Said if it ain't blue, it's not collectable.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I am glad you came here, because there is always somebody willing to "take it off your hands" for nothing in this hobby. great piece......Andy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty