FEW HOURS IN THE RIVER

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lepew62

Reaction score
I found a few bottles while wading the Auglaize today, I found a pint brown City brewing wapakoneta Ohio to go with the quart I found. My first complete milk bottle (YAY ) from Decker Dairy Cridersville Ohio. A clear glass squat Coke bottle, embossed coke one side, script coca cola on the other. No refund No refill across the top with a twist on cap. Does not have the fluid ozs marked, looks more than 16 but less than 32. The best one, and most unusual to me, is a pint brown Huebner breweries Toledo Ohio. What makes it unusual is this. Across the bottom under the logo it is embossed Pure and made without drugs or poisons. Was this a concern with early beers. Is this a common statement or is this rather unique. I know there is someone that hangs in here from Toledo, hopefully he can chime in. Have a good one everyone.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Another Ohioan! Where abouts are you from? It sounds like you had a good day none the less. The Huebner is quite common. It must have been a pretty large brewery as I've found quite a few myself. The forum member Madman (Mike) is from Toledo so I'm sure he'll be able to fill us in on it a little better. Your milk bottle also might be a good one. Have you picked up the Ohio bottle book? It's not very good as a price guide but definitely good for reference.

lepew62

Reaction score
I live just off 75 south of lima bout 20ish miles. I wade the auglaize at wapakoneta. I have found older bottles west of wapak, the beers mostly east. I am trying to find entry points on the Ottawa which runs thru Lima. I was talking to a friend, he remembers Deckers Dairy, I figure the milk is 40ish - early 50s. Thanks for getting back to me.

sunrunner

Reaction score
hay lepew,I lived in sidnye,for a a cupel of years,and had a house in mapelwood.if you are truly in to bottles,than you get over to lima. the ottawa river has a lot of places,over by the refinery.thers a dump,right across from the park,right next to the river,old 30s and 40s stuff,with some 20s mixed in.also over by the prison,tword the highway,on the river agen was the main city dump.once was a qurry,i found a cupel of milks,but it taks a lot of digging,good luck.

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lepew62

I found a few bottles while wading the Auglaize today, I found a pint brown City brewing wapakoneta Ohio to go with the quart I found. My first complete milk bottle (YAY ) from Decker Dairy Cridersville Ohio. A clear glass squat Coke bottle, embossed coke one side, script coca cola on the other. No refund No refill across the top with a twist on cap. Does not have the fluid ozs marked, looks more than 16 but less than 32. The best one, and most unusual to me, is a pint brown Huebner breweries Toledo Ohio. What makes it unusual is this. Across the bottom under the logo it is embossed Pure and made without drugs or poisons. Was this a concern with early beers. Is this a common statement or is this rather unique. I know there is someone that hangs in here from Toledo, hopefully he can chime in. Have a good one everyone.
hey david and brian, im guessing the pure without drugs or poison, has somthing to do with the pure food and drug act of 1906 but thats just a guess, i never seen that writtien on any other beer bottle except another brewer from toledo the buckeye brewery, im guessing your bottle is a crown top?is it bim or machine made? as far as digging in lima me think jackpot! check those river banks! heres some other info................. http://buckeyebeer20000.tripod.com/breweriesoftoledoohio/id6.html

madman

Reaction score
heres some huebner bottles i dug in t town

AF78752B82144275A3E9DC56B89CE149.jpg

Attachments

• AF78752B82144275A3E9DC56B89CE149.jpg
    AF78752B82144275A3E9DC56B89CE149.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 33

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads