First Bottle yard sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mctaggart67

Nothing wrong with early birds in my books. They're usually loaded with dough, have a good idea of what they want, and often are looking for quality or quantity. As long as they aren't waking you up, go and make some bucks off of 'em! Last yard sale we had, two dealers showed up early. One, a used book seller, took 3 or 4 boxes full of old books we hadn't touched in years. The other, an antique seller, took a whole pile of stuff. Both were willing to accept less desirable items for lot discounts. Way I see it, win-win situation. They got stuff they could resell at a profit to customers we'd never see at a yard sale, and we got money and space.

Like he said..!!

bne74honda

Reaction score
I'm of the same mind. Those few that did show up early were great to chat with...I was ok with them not buying... One fella wants me to bring some records to his store so I got a great contact. I had several boxes of glass left and would have welcomed selling box lots but nobody was buyin' 'em that day.

A buck I needed, space I needed just for sitting in a chair saying "SOLD".

Stardust

Reaction score
Great sale and story ~ Wish, I'd find a sale like your's ~ : )

bne74honda

Reaction score
Well Stardust,

I'm hoping to have another the first weekend of November so if you're in the neighbourhood (LOL!) drop by! From the responses I've had it seems I've hit on a rather unique type of yard sale. I was able to make some pretty good contacts that day - folks who will want more glass in the future, dealers and other diggers with info on where to go. I think I just may establish this sale as a regular thing. Lord know I have enough extra glass to go around!

Brian

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause