First Bottle yard sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I like the idea of a bottle yard sale Brian congratulations,.....those early bird yard sale people are a pain in the Darius Rucus

ORIGINAL: bne74honda

Cyberdigger,

in Canada it's Oct.....

dw3000,
Chuck
Weren't you paying attention in school,To busy dropping pencils huh[:)] The pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock Massachusetts then walked to Canada, and they soon discovered it was too cold plus they docked their boat at Plymouth Rock and needed some things they forgot to take with them so they just turned around and walked back......hence why we celebrate Thanksgiving in the states in November (it took a month to walk back )and Canada in October[8|] same party of pilgrims different months............

bne74honda

Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Yeah, it was actually pretty cool - so many folks had stories to tell about where there have been bottles found and where I should try digging - I'm new to this town. It was also very cool to answer questions about how certain bottles were made, when, where I found them.....all the 'neat' parts of collecting.

I will definitely do it again - MAYBE one more before the snow flies but certainly again next spring. It's cheaper than setting up at a flea market or selling on consignment and you get to stay home to do it!

Brian

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Were there any very early glass works in Canada by early I mean 1830 and older.

Bixel

Reaction score
Steve,

The earliest glass house in Canada was 1839(I believe thats the year) in Mallorytown, Ontario.

If memory serves me correct, I believe the earliest bottles produced in Canada are 1850 or around that.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bixel

Steve,

The earliest glass house in Canada was 1839(I believe thats the year) in Mallorytown, Ontario.

If memory serves me correct, I believe the earliest bottles produced in Canada are 1850 or around that.
Really, 11 years to make a bottle? [:D][:D] I'm thinking typo. Well, at least hoping.

bne74honda

Reaction score
mreed305,

were you asking if I'm still selling those pictured? I still have boxes of stuff to go. After the sale, I sent 3 boxes of commons to recycling but still have lots left for another sale. Gotta admit though, that there's much I don't want hanging around all winter.

Brian

deenodean

Reaction score
I saw a yard sale ad in British Columbia once that said ' Early Birders will be Shot '...[:D][:D]..
I had an 8 a.m. to 12 pm yard sale a few years ago , someone showed up @ 6:30 a.m. [>:]
It is great to have an all bottle sale..it funny, everyone one you talk to has a ' bottle story'. I hate the stories when they tell me that they just threw out a couple of boxes of old bottles. I'd rather not know! [:'(]
Congratz on the yard sale! [:)]

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with early birds in my books. They're usually loaded with dough, have a good idea of what they want, and often are looking for quality or quantity. As long as they aren't waking you up, go and make some bucks off of 'em! Last yard sale we had, two dealers showed up early. One, a used book seller, took 3 or 4 boxes full of old books we hadn't touched in years. The other, an antique seller, took a whole pile of stuff. Both were willing to accept less desirable items for lot discounts. Way I see it, win-win situation. They got stuff they could resell at a profit to customers we'd never see at a yard sale, and we got money and space.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie