First Bottles I Ever Sold

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
Today, I got a call from a man in Welland. He said he collected milk bottles as well as pop bottles, longneck beers and Welland related items, like pencils, ads etc.
He came over to look at my milk bottles. Turns out most of them were dirt common, he already had the most valuable one. But he spotted a hutch drying after a cleaning, and asked if he could see it. "Sure," I said, hoping to make a sale. He studied it, then said "You know, if this had an H.C. on the bottom,it would be from (I can't remeber the bottler) in Port Colborne. If you had that one in nice shape, It would be worth around $75." That got my attention, so I explained that I had another hutch in a box, and I would go get it. I did. He picked it up and looked at it for a while. Then he said "Take a look at the bottom of this one." It was an H.C.! But it was quite damaged. In the end, he gave me $15 for it.
I hope it was a good deal, but if I really got ripped off, I think I could get the bottle back. He's a nice guy and I already knew him.

Bottles R Us... Well, some of them aren't anymore![:)]

Bixel

Reaction score
Well if the bottle really was worth 75 dollars in good condition, and it was damaged, and you still got 15, then you didnt do too bad. Alot of times, bottles in the price range, if damaged, the best you can hope to get from them is 15 or 20 bucks.

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
Well, he didn't really give me $15 for it. That's just the way i see it. He gave me $25 for the hutch, a Peter Oges pop from Port Colborne, and 5 milk bottle tops. So I used my original asking prices: $15 for the hutch, $5 for the Peter Oges and $5 for the tokens.
Now I regret selling these, I should be selling my modern stuff to buy these type of bottles.[&o]

Bottles R Us... Did I still do well?

appliedlips

Reaction score
If the hutch was only base embossed, $15 for a damaged example seems like a hell of a deal on your part.

The Can Kid

Reaction score
My god.. I was reading this post, from my old account, and I realized something. That was the very rare HENRY CRONMILLER hutch from Welland/Port Colborne's only brewery! I need to get that guy's number and buy it back from him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday