Fish Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dcheryl83

Reaction score
Union Bottle

Front

Fd91907.jpg

Attachments

• Fd91907.jpg
    Fd91907.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 59

diggerjeff

Reaction score
the fish bottle is for sure a codd liver oil bottle. the other looks like a repro flask from wheaton co. would like a clear close pic of the bottom to be sure.

dcheryl83

Reaction score
This is the best I could do. Is it any better? Not exactly sure what you are looking for but that circular blob is in the center and along the edges there are uneven slashes. The outer oval of the botton has a seam that is very irregular...almost looks like the bottom had been attached separately or something except the seam is uneven. I took 3 or 4 pics but can't get a clear shot. It might be best if I try and take one outside during the day.

Bz77903.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77903.jpg
    Bz77903.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 64

medbottle

Reaction score
Hello again. Yes, I'm afraid your eagle / union flask is a reproduction. That irregular indentation is a classic Wheaton characteristic. The shape is called a calabash, after the gourd of the same name and shape. Its worth $4-$5 as a decorator piece, unless the Wheaton collectors are after it. There are some Wheaton collectors out there, but I don't know what they are looking for or how much they would pay.

dcheryl83

Reaction score
Hey, I appreciate your time. I really do. I kept the bottles becauce they look really neat. I actually display them in my living room on shelves. I just happened to find this website over the weekend and thought I'd see if I had anything. I really do love my fish bottle....I know, I know....its cod liver oil, but I've been calling it the fish bottle for so long its hard to change!

Thanks again for those of you that responded. I have a feeling I'll be out bottle hunting very soon. Not sure what it is about bottles, but I sure do like them.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib