flask - need help identifying this one

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Looks like the real deal to me...Did find a peacock blue GI-59 that was valued at $20,000.00 in MIke Robert's flask price guide..Old guide,too.

Can find nowhere that this flask was ever reproduced...

vaflask

Reaction score
Thanks for the 2nd opinion. I have tried to find information on this bottle for some time now.

KentOhio

Reaction score
Wow, I agree, that looks like the real deal. Where did you find it, and how long have you had it? Does it have wear and dullness on the base? As long as it's real, it's definitely in the multiple thousands of dollars. Say the word and I'll give Mike Roberts a call for an appraisal.

vaflask

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the response. The bottle has a few small scratches and a little wear on the bottom. A small chip is on the edge of the bottle My father found this about 30-32 years ago. He was a bulldozer operator and was clearing land on the eastern shore of Maryland. I just got this out of storage last year and have been doing research on it. I do want to get it appraised. I havent contacted anyone yet but plan to do so.

Bob

KentOhio

Reaction score
I talked to Mike Roberts about this. He has the best Washington-Taylor flask collection in the world. His gut reaction is that it's worth $20,000, but says it could possibly go up to 30 or $40,000 if the right people are bidding. This is only the second reported example in cobalt. The other one sold years ago at auction for $12,000.

twowheelfan

Reaction score
what ever happened to this GI-59? did it ever go to auction? i found an aqua one with damage, but this is the only example ive seen on the internet with the same finish as mine. just curious. thats one beautiful bottle!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Thanks for posting! That's a wonderful flask, a beaut! I've worked in construction for 35 years and the flask is one of the few bottles to survive excavation by a bulldozer. And what a treasure it is!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CreekWalker

Thanks for posting! That's a wonderful flask, a beaut! I've worked in construction for 35 years and the flask is one of the few bottles to survive excavation by a bulldozer. And what a treasure it is!
You own this now ?

twowheelfan

Reaction score
vaflask posted this in october of 2005. i revived the post because i wanted to know what happened to this fine bottle. so, Creekwalker, you own this flask now? or are you saying that in general, flasks survive the dozer?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson