For Annie44

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Kelly, I saw a yellow amber one today for 1400 busks so I'd say thay one would go 2 to 3 grand easy if not more. Very very nice.

epgorge

Reaction score
I have never seen another one like this up for sale.

Hey Kelly,

With all the bottles we have that are rare (think about it) and post here, we are like a freaken museum for posterity. I was thinking I better save this jpg just so I can have the picture in my collection. Then, I thought,... Why? Its here. Thanks for the post.
Joel

KentOhio

Reaction score
In your picture of the aqua ones, who made the one on the very right? I have one like it, but with the embossing erased from the mold. It's still there as little bumps, but I couldn't get a picture of it. I figured the war ended and they didn't want to throw the whole mold away, so they just made it blank.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Kent, the bottle of mine that you refer to was most probably blown in Pittsburgh. It has strong embossment with a star design on the base. I have heard of "Ghosted" Hosp. bottles, but I have not seen one. The ones I have heard of were always the aqua pints or the wide mouth jars in the oval. That's pretty cool if you have one in the Quart. Kelley

epgorge

Reaction score
Yeah, I am thinking about changing his name to Cannon Gunsmoke.
He hit a hosital dump in Texas.... I think it is about halfway down the thread.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Thanks Joel. I don’t know how I skipped that reply when I read this thread. That is amazing to find that many in one area. Great job!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Thanks Tom. That was Pitfinder's and my "Motherlode". We will never dig another pit like it here in the Panhandle of Texas. Besides the Hosp. bottles, a scarce turtle ink and a GEM BUTTER 5lb Jar came out of the same hole. Kelley

epgorge

Reaction score
Kelley,
Haven't you been tempted to go back and scour it over again or maybe go further one way or the other, or a little deeper?
Joel

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Joel, we worked that place over for about 2 years. There are still some more pits out there but land owners changed and the new jerk won't allow anybody on his property. As much as I want to, I'm one of those guys that just won't hunt without permission. Kelley

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen