For Annie44

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

quarrylizard

Reaction score
Very,very nice...is that a appricott one in the middle?any idea what it is worth?I have one like it and was thinking of asking 1200.00.just wanted your opinion.

mike

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hello Mike, no, mine is not Appricott. I would call mine orange. Maybe orange amber. Very little amber. A year or 2 ago $700.00-$900.00 would have been a very fair price. Today, U.S.A. Hosp. Dept Bottles are realizing an increased value. $1200.00 is not unheard of but it would probably need to be through a reputible auction house. I would doubt you would get $1200.00 for it on Ebay. Just MHO. Kelley

epgorge

Reaction score
Yes, Listen to Kelley.

A glass house would be a better market for you.

Ebay is a buyers market!! If you are looking to move bulk inventory, it is a sellers market as well, but the prices, many times, only bring 50% to 60 percent of the items value.

quarrylizard

Reaction score
Thanks,guys i agree and would never sell a expensive bottle on flee bay.....

sctreasures

Reaction score
Nice collection. Were these tumbled? What are the colors of the two on the far right and far left? Olive or citron? I have one that looks olive indoors and citron outdoors.

epgorge

Reaction score
Sewel,

Thanks for the link. Great stuff here.

Joel

glass man

Reaction score
I can't even imagine what it would feel like to see one of those U.S.A. bottles start to show themselves,as I dug them! I have a MED. DEPT.U.S.A. spoon that I bought in the 1970s. The guy said it came from KENNESAW ,GA. battle field. I had it checked out by a cival war collector back then and the person said it looked to be from the time period. Have you ever seen a spoon like I am talking about? Would be a great " GO WITH " for the bottles. CAN I HAVE ONE TO GO WITH MY SPOON?[:D] ANY ONE OF THEM WILL DO! THANKS FOR THE PICTURES,I CAN LOOK AT THEM ANYTIME! JAMIE

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi all, I don't get on the forum as often as I used to so I missed these last few posts. sctreasures, I would call them more olive than citron and yes I tumbled them myself. They were very sick out of the ground.
Sewell,I agree about the history of them. It is why they are my only high interest bottle. Yes I dug them at an Indian Wars fort that was in operation from 1875 to 1890.
Sorry glassman, you can't have a bottle, but I'll take that spoon off your hands![;)] Thanks all, Kelley

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26