FORUM DIGS?? did they happen?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

willong

Reaction score
Hello all,

I lurked about in the background on this site a couple years ago. Recall seeing message threads where forum members were trying to setup a group dig--A BOTTLE DIGGERS' HOLIDAY if you please! The idea certainly appealed to me. I used to dig out here in Washington State in the early 70's. Of course, we don't have the long history of settlement that the east coast has. I've often thought about going east on a bottle digging vacation, and a forum dig seems like a perfect first step.

Did any forum digs ever come together? If so, what kind of success did all y'all have? (Note: I worked in Louisiana for awhile in 1999, and I was informed that "y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural and the proper method of addressing a group.)

By the way, the LA property I was doing historical presevation work on for the National Park Service featured a "bottle garden" in the front yard--the sidewalk and planting beds were lined with antique bottles. Most were old torpedo and round-bottomed mineral water bottles, some embossed. It sure was distracting!

If anyone decides to put forum digs together in the future please let me know.

Thanks and regards,

Will

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123