found in an old store in upstate NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cookie

Reaction score
campaign buttons.....

5DA9281549A74938926751270C15F335.jpg

Attachments

• 5DA9281549A74938926751270C15F335.jpg
    5DA9281549A74938926751270C15F335.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 72

bunchesofbottles

Reaction score
Very cool! Those are really neat. Great find. My mom used to have a collection and every once in awhile kicks herself in the butt for not hanging on to em'.Thanks for sharing.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Cool buttons..
Campaigning came a long way.In the 1850s they used
Whiskey flasks to spread the word for there favorite
candidate.Drink a pint,vote for me [:D]

glass man

Reaction score
I have a ROSS PER[buttons somewhere in the house and I can't spell the name],Bill clinton button with him in front of PRESIDENT KENNEDY when SLICK WILLIE got to meet KENNEDY,I also have a McGOVERN button that is orange and has a peace sign on it and says Mc GOVERN THE LOVE GENERATION.MOST of the love generation died of drugs or got rich and don't want to share no more.I am hanging on like a lot of people who didn't sell out but like the saying goes "ELVIS IS DEAD AND I AIN'T FEELING TO GOOD MYSELF". YOU HAVE A GREAT COLLECTION OF BUTTONS! I REALLY LIKE THE OLDER ONES!

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Cookie, my chocolate chip creme pie. You found all those buttons in a potato sack? We need to mix. I got a pickle's pile of Nixon buttons I collected in the early 1970s questioning the (then) Commander-in-Chief's integrity. "Impeach Nixon?" "Dick Nixon Before he Dicks You?" Yat Ta' Hey? You know the mantra if you are over 50. Great cool-ectabiles and keeping with the mentality that if you collect anything, you'll probably collect everything -- as long as you can relate the story to a rapt audience.

adshepard

Reaction score
I used to have a enormous collection of political campaign buttons. I specialized in Teddy Roosevelt. Sold the collection years ago for quite a lot of money.

Just like bottle collecting you have to watch out for fakes. I believe it was the 70's when some company used the reproductions for promotions. They reproduced buttons from all the previous elections.

Alan

adshepard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cordilleran

Cookie, my chocolate chip creme pie. You found all those buttons in a potato sack? We need to mix. I got a pickle's pile of Nixon buttons I collected in the early 1970s questioning the (then) Commander-in-Chief's integrity. "Impeach Nixon?" "Dick Nixon Before he Dicks You?" Yat Ta' Hey? You know the mantra if you are over 50. Great cool-ectabiles and keeping with the mentality that if you collect anything, you'll probably collect everything -- as long as you can relate the story to a rapt audience.

My favorite pin from that era was - "Phase III Dump Nixon".

Alan

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cordilleran

I would love to have a trickey dickey button! I can't believe the 1st time I was old enough to vote in 72 I VOTED FOR HIM because I had become a CHRISTIAN and was dissilussioned with the HIPPY ,HEY MAN I LOVE YOU NOW LET ME STAB YOU IN THE BACK BROTHER!AT LEAST WITH THE REDNECKS YOU KNEW WHERE YOU STOOD!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter