found more soda cans and a Crush bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
went back to the main location where I found a new area of cans last week to see if there was anything I had missed , ended up finding a few interesting items

more pepsi , coca cola , 7 up , fresca , Canada dry tonic water , grand prix - cola , ginger ale , carlton club - cola , IGA - ginger ale , wishing well - orange ,

20200422_145654.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the Fresca can has a nice French side , the carlton club and grand prix cola didn't really clean up at all .

whats interesting about the Grand Prix ginger ale is its a diet can , says low calorie no sugar on the side , would appear to be an entire line of diet grand prix cans I didn't know existed , if they had diet ginger ale for sure had diet cola and others

the wishing well not in good condition but never seen a wishing well can before , this one says " juicy orange " , it was near a bunch of damaged coca cola cans , almost disregarded it as junk but something about it looked different so decided to clean it off to see if I could read the name on it , obviously not worth anything but still a neat find as I can't seem to find anything similar online

also found another store brand ginger ale , 3 cans for IGA brand , with a lot of colour , all 3 were lying in plain view among some leaves

20200422_155133.jpg

20200422_155139.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
There's a Wishing Well Lemon Lime Soda pictured In Dave Tanners Soda Book. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
There's a Wishing Well Lemon Lime Soda pictured In Dave Tanners Soda Book. LEON.

I haven't seen that book , wishing well would of likely had a full flavour line - orange , lemon lime , grape , cream soda , root beer etc . so would be several different cans from them

only saw 2 wishing well cans on the can site and they appeared to be newer than this one which would be from mid to late 60's based on age of other cans found nearby

and nothing came up on google images other than wishing well bottles

try and take a better picture of it later today so people can better see the graphics/design of the can , despite its terrible shape a lot is still readable/viewable

RCO

Reaction score
couple pictures of the orange wishing well , at the very top says " sparkling "
has a large orange area , a W at top and " Wishing Well , Juicy Orange "
can't read anything else although at this point its still a major improvement from when I found it in woods

20200423_141540.jpg
DSC02675.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
went to town today and took a back route which allowed for me to check some side roads and vacant lots , found a couple interesting items

sprite - 280 ml can , one nice side , other is slightly damaged , but I already had this can in garage anyways and its in even better condition

sort of a mystery can for " Cool Brook " ginger ale , says it was bottled by Vita Bottling Corporation Toronto , never seen or heard of it before , assume its from mid to late 80's also 280 ml and was found near the sprite can

damaged pepsi and diet orange crush metal cans , I actually have one of the diet orange crush in the garage already , found one a couple years , though it was aluminum but maybe mine is metal , maybe take a picture cause it has most of its colour still

also a coca cola , Labatt blue and a crown jar , didn't really find any bottles other than modern beer and liquor , odd the coke and pepsi were found together in the woods , one person must of liked pepsi and other coke ?

20200423_140237.jpg

DSC02671.JPG
DSC02673.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
the diet orange crush can I had found a couple years ago is slightly different , its aluminum and says now with splenda instead of nutri sweet ,

but its very similar to the metal can I found today which must be a little bit older , those thin metal ones never seem to survive in the wild

20200423_193029.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's the one Pictured in Dave Tanners Soda Book. If you like to collect Soda Cans I highly Recommend this Book. LEON.
WishingWellCanadaSoda.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
searched around and I just found an international version of that book online which I can view , he has 2 similar wishing well cans in it both are same design/ year ( ginger ale and lemon lime ) both valued at $ 125 - $200 in mint condition of course , doesn't show the orange one , based on the price must of felt its a hard one to find

this book also features a couple other cans that I found recently , it says a mason's ginger ale is worth between $ 125 -175 in mint condition , although my can is not mint , has 1 nice side with some colour and other mostly rust but still appears to be pretty rare if its worth that much , he seemed to value all the mason's can high , felt they were all hard to find

hemihampton

Reaction score
Odd, as can be seen in my picture above he's only got it priced at $20-25. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology