Found my first dump spot!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

O shoot it's broken

Reaction score
No date on the bottom? The first selfseal registered trademark was june 26, 1934. First used on oct 1, 1904. They renewed the trademark on dec 20, 1949. My best guess would be 1934 or later. Kerr selfseal masons have the same embossing in the 40s and 50s as your mason. Earlier than trademark date did not have the registered trademark embossed on them. Hope this helps. Nice finds and good luck with Your dump! It also seems to be 1930s -60s. Give or take.
The Bottom of the Kerr jar has a 26

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That ACL is in great condition, looks like the dump could be a pretty good spot for sodas if they're coming out looking like that! There aren't that many spots with ACLs that nice out there anymore.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Before june 26, 1934 the jar had no registered trade mark. Yours does so i would say after this date. Earlier than 1934 has no registered trademark in the embossing.

O shoot it's broken

Reaction score
That ACL is in great condition, looks like the dump could be a pretty good spot for sodas if they're coming out looking like that! There aren't that many spots with ACLs that nice out there anymore.
Thanks! the other side has a big paint/ rust stain on the ACL but other than that it's nice. I ended up with 2 of the same bottle but the other one is faded.

O shoot it's broken

Reaction score
Ok so I got another question. I have been using "Super Clean" degreaser and I used it on 1 of my jugs that I found. I left it in the pure stuff too long and it corroded the bottom of the jug. I put it in this wine bottle that had rust and other stuff in it with half water. I have let it sit for 3 days and it still hasn't come off at all. (supposedly it should all come off according to youtube by now) It has been cold around here, 37-41 degrees. I don't know if I should bring it inside to warm up and let it sit longer or try something else? I don't want to ruin another bottle. I have found out that it doesn't corrode if I put water in it.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen