Found this bottle and not sure about it Any Ideas?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Thanks, Steve,

So in the incestuous Pittsburgh glasshouse world, did these moulds have a wider distribution at some point?

coverofanadamscatalogue.jpg

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I saw that also Aaron,The charted descriptions are picture less in Mckearins. But Like in football UPON Further Review[8|] I believe the flask is the GXII-22 based on Mckearins charts describing the Clasped Hand side of the flask. As follows: Similar to the GXII-1,smaller scale;clasped hands frame about 1 1/16th x 3 9/16th, 9 WIDE graduated bars above the oval frame and 7 below. Twenty leaves on the left laurel ;18 on the right. Medium sized stars, Here comes the piece of the puzzle that describes this side of the flask. The letter I in the word UNION is in line with with the top point of the shield.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Thanks, Steve,

So in the incestuous Pittsburgh glasshouse world, did these moulds have a wider distribution at some point?

coverofanadamscatalogue.jpg
yes and they were also bipedal I heard!![:D]

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Great find! I found a rare hutch last year after our 500 year flood of May first. You made a good choice to hold on to the flask, until you had a chance to research it. Those Tennessee guys can be pretty shady,[:mad:] although we have several honorable bottle dealers around here! Just watch out for the horse and pocketknife traders.[;)] I like the story behind this flask! A black powder flask made of glass, were you lit up when you pulled out that cork!?

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Thanks, it's amazing how technical these posts can become! I see there are many varieties of this type of flask, prices start at $50 and can go up quickly! This flask realized $700 back on April 29th. Do your homework, and you'll be rewarded for that once in a lifetime find! Personally if I had found it in Memphis on the ole' Mississippi river,well, then it would look great on my bookshelf!

078A5578CC494AC3BBF967B789CBB085.jpg

Attachments

• 078A5578CC494AC3BBF967B789CBB085.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 86

appliedlips

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CreekWalker

Thanks, it's amazing how technical these posts can become! I see there are many varieties of this type of flask, prices start at $50 and can go up quickly! This flask realized $700 back on April 29th. Do your homework, and you'll be rewarded for that once in a lifetime find! Personally if I had found it in Memphis on the ole' Mississippi river,well, then it would look great on my bookshelf!

Color is what brought the money in the auctioned flask. I agree it is a killer find but even a one of a kind variant of this flask will not bring alot of money unless something is drastically different than similar flasks. Great find and I agree, go find some more.

lostkause17

Reaction score
yea I think when I get back im going to look for some more. Maybe I can get lucky more then once

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123