Found this while diving 20 miles off Pensacola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

corpsman

Reaction score
In 100 ft of water. Any ideas what it is or how old it may be. It was not near any known ship wrecks or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0497_1.jpg

IMG_0500_1.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Jody, Welcome to the forum. What you have is either a mineral water or gin jug. They are fairly common around Pensacola and are worth about 10 bucks in good condition.

Are you a local?

corpsman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Warren. Yes, I live in Pensacola. The bottle is for sure not in good shape. It is cracked badly and the neck is broken. Any estimate on approximate age?

capsoda

Reaction score
I was born and raised in Pensacola but now reside in Seminole just across the state line on Hwy 90. Do you hunt bottles or was this a first find.

corpsman

Reaction score
First find. I'm not really a collector. I have a few that I have picked up here and there. I will try to post some pics. I have been curious about them for a long time.

capsoda

Reaction score
Well if you get bitten it is a tough bug to get rid of. It will cause you many hours of research, powerful urges like wanting to dig in your neighbors yard, looking at the bottom of jars and bottles in the supermarket to see if the makers mark is one you recognize and on and on until every nook and cranny in you home is full of bottles.

If you don't beleive me then click on this link and see if you have any signs of early symptoms.[;)]
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/You-know-your-a-bottle-digger-when%25%25%25%25%25/m-84290/tm.htm

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Cool find !
Years ago ( 30 + years ago ) we used to find bottles stuck in the mangroves along the edges of islands in Tampa Bay . I don't know if anyone looks there anymore or not ..... but after a big storm .... we would always find bottles. Any islands near where your diving ? If so , you might check it out !

corpsman

Reaction score
Thats good stuff Warren. Anyone have any idea on the approximate age of the jug?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau