Free online bottle guide needs your help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Gunth.. you do realize, by creating this NEXUS, you are going to achieve deity status in the medicine bottle world, do you not? Just remember to stand up and stretch every few hours.. go for a walk around the property.. projects like this can give a fellow afflictions such as hemmeroids, muskuler distrify, and that what happened to Jack Nicholson in The Shining...

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I believe he got himself disqualified.. but I don't know for sure.. the rules are even more complicated than "off-sides"

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Not good with words but i will say this
m6.gif
m6.gif
! Sent a few pics too ,hope they are ok if not let me know.Couple of questions ,1 do pictures need to be certain size ,and 2 what are type / age requirements for medicines to be included? Thanks for letting us help !
m16.gif

GuntherHess

Reaction score
1 do pictures need to be certain size ,and 2 what are type / age requirements for medicines to be included?

I would prefer photos to be between 30K and 100K but I can crop and resize, not a big problem.

The main focus of the listings are American antique patent and proprietary medcines, that is 100 years old or more. Typically hand blown.
I include a lot of early druggists (before 1880s), after that there were just too many druggists to deal with.

Include the embossing because it isnt always readable in the photos.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
ARe you going to be looking for alternate bottles for some of the manufacturers that you have listed? For example, the Wm Bacon, Ludlow VT bottle also comes in a small size rectangular, also OP... And Bancroft made a bunch of different products, including a liver regulator (or some such thing) and a bitters.

I don't have pics of those two particular bottles, but I can get them the next time I get near Mom's VT collection. BTW, if you google vt bottles, you will find a website that has a fairly complete (not absolutely complete), list of VT medicines and bitters. Actually, it's vtmedicines.com, I think.

Awesome that you are doing this. It will be HUGE by the time you are done.

Jim G

saratogadriver

Reaction score
In fact, courtesy of fleabay this am, here is the rectangular Bacon. Damaged lip, but you get the idea.

!BjMqL,gB2k~$(KGrHqYH-CwEs+zlOrEZBLSjWHqQ!w~~_35.JPG

beendiggin

Reaction score
sent a few pics your way Matt. I noticed you listed the stopper on the Ayers as being metal....aren't they glass also?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.