Free online bottle guide needs your help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digger don

Reaction score
Matt I tried to email again. But it won't go through. So I will post it here. It's embossed on one side John M. Winslow Rochester N.Y. On the other side Colds Coughs and Consumption . On the front Compound Balsam of Hoarhound. 5 1/4 inches tall by 2 inch wide. Open pontil

157633A22A2841F0ABB4CC6F7343507E.jpg

Attachments

• 157633A22A2841F0ABB4CC6F7343507E.jpg
    157633A22A2841F0ABB4CC6F7343507E.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 104

digger don

Reaction score
Pic #2

2228D0CC1F3C4336B978DCFDC253DBD1.jpg

Attachments

• 2228D0CC1F3C4336B978DCFDC253DBD1.jpg
    2228D0CC1F3C4336B978DCFDC253DBD1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 105

markh

Reaction score
Hi Matt,

This will be a great resource when it's finished, especially being able to see a photo of the bottle. I sent a few photos and a list of some "unlisted" cures by email on Sat.
I don't know how you are entering the bottles, but Bill Hunt has a 360 page list of medicine bottles with references that may allow you to cut and paste names. It's at:

http://www.nps.gov/mwac/bottle_glass/index.html

There is some overlap with what you have already, but there are others not in your list. I don't know if his list contains known bottles or if it also includes references to medicines advertised in the 1800's for which a bottle is not yet known.

Good luck,
Mark

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Hi ,hope everyone is looking to see if they have antique med bottles that Matt does not have pictures of or not listed ,send him your pictures,please ! This med guide is the best thing since the wheel ,what a great chance to help with such a monumental task .Matt is always helping with ids ,old ads etc.,now is your chance to help,and years from now when children ,grandchildren,relatives ,etc. are looking at this guide they will say look there is dads ,grandpas ,unlce --- 's bottle .Hope this is not out of line ,felt i had to speak up . Thanks again Matt for putting this together and giving all a chance to help even if it is in a small way!
m16.gif

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I will dig a skull for you, Gunth, but my med section is weak..

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Thanks for the advertisement Digswithstick.
People have been helping quite a bit.
If you dont have photos but you do know some history on a particular bottle that is listed that would help too. I want to at least have who made them and where they were made and when for each bottle.

div2roty

Reaction score
Cool project. I thought, well i own one pontil del med that might qualify, and then I saw that not only did you already have a pic of it, you have a pic of the actual bottle I own. I got it off of ebay so I assume you got the pic from it when it was online.

I'll try to get some more pics of the early delaware pontil stuff for you.

div2roty

Reaction score
Really I dropped by your house the other night and snapped a photo, you dont mind do you?
You must have a lot of good bottles I dont have photos of

Sadly I don't own any good bottles you don't have photos of (unless you want some pics of deleware hutches), but I have access to pics of some good bottles that you don't have. Bringhurst had several variations of OP bottles from Wilmington. I viewed a collection last year that had several. The guy I went with to see the collection had better luck with his digital camera and should have some pics. I'll try to get them for you in the next few weeks or so.

However, I would recognize that large bubble on the shoulder of my bringhurst anywhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583