friends???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to start a religious debate. I was assuming most on here were believers and I was simply asking for an opinion as to what everyone thinks about the statement she made.

I personally know this girl and I can assure you she IS nuts, Completely crazy, and she does look at non believers as useless garbage and uses any chance she can to "push" religion on people.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
My sister proclaimed herself as a bible thumper but keeps it to herself as would be good for everyone if we of all faiths are to get along. "The forced 'my way is the only way' of thinking is what creates conflict."
Somebody said that.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Nic, I don't think too many of us would disagree that she has a few screws loose.. it always amazes me how many people are chomping at the bit to share their own personal versions of faith, and how many of them actually try to make you 'see the light' ..bunch of insecure, nosy busybodies.. if I were stuck in an elevator with her, I'd offer her a nice cup of STFU..

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Nic, I don't think too many of us would disagree that she has a few screws loose.. it always amazes me how many people are chomping at the bit to share their own personal versions of faith, and how many of them actually try to make you 'see the light' ..bunch of insecure, nosy busybodies.. if I were stuck in an elevator with her, I'd offer her a nice cup of STFU..
What the heck does Shirley Temple Feeding Unicorns have to do with this???

Plumbata

Reaction score
One of my aunts is a crazy Catholic. Backed by the authoritarian might of the church, she believes that her ideas and opinions regarding all subjects are infallible.

When I and my siblings were younger, this aunt invited us kids over to play with her children, who were bright and inquisitive despite their mother's influence. We played all day and had a blast.

A few days later my brother and I came down with Chicken Pox... Apparently her kids were all infected and she took it upon herself to get my family inoculated, without revealing her intentions to my parents. They were absolutely livid. My father had gotten the shingles, a far more dangerous adult form of chicken pox, so the whole deal was absolutely unacceptable. But what can you do about it? These nutcases have "GOD" on their side, so constructive argument or discussion contrary to their rigid idiocy is nigh-impossible.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
With that kind of family I'm surprised you made it to the ripe old age of... Oh, wait, 26?, never mind.
I know I had the mumps but I'm not sure about the pox. I'm not sure why either, the mumps vaccine was out long before the pox one.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I figure people believe what they want to believe, as it should be, if a friend wants to tell a friend what he/she believes, fine, they can take the friendship from there. Its the crazy, insecure jerks that feel they have to go around broadcasting their scriptures, proverbs or faith to complete strangers that irks me, its like religious marketing.

Seeing as we all didn't all cease to exist in 2012 they have to grab ahold of something else now. (I guess the Mayans actually did just run out of stone.) Millions upon millions of dollars were made on the doomsday prophesies, that cash cow has dried up, so must be this chip chit is the next in line.

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

that's creepy!

Man, that incident there is barely the tip of the iceberg. She acts all pious, but when I look into her eyes, what I see scares the crap outta me. No need to go into detail, but I think she is more selfish and evil on the inside than pretty much anyone else I've met. Thankfully she isn't a blood relative; she married one of my father's older brothers. This brother, sadly, isn't the brightest fellow around. The fact that he lost a game of tic-tac-toe to a chicken ([:D]) indicates that he probably didn't realize what a heinous manipulative wench he was marrying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229