Full or Not? ACL Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
I have a full 50 year old 6-pack that had sat in a garage for decades, freezing and thawing many times. There has been no damage to the bottles whatsoever, and I'm letting them sit out there this winter yet again. A thin druggist might break if liquid freezes within but these returnable glass bottles were built like tanks and intended to withstand significant internal pressure. I'd leave the contents alone provided you're sure they are original.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello all, I can see that this theory is mostly based on personal preference. If you look at other collectibles such as Toys, Sports cards, Avon, Nascar collectibles,Porcelain Dolls, and hundreds of other collectibles that sell for much more money than opened items/ used items. As Plumbata said, he has 50 year old full bottles still intact. What are the odds that those bottles would still be here today if they were consumed 50 years ago? Slim to none!! Even if they were dug up, what condition would they be in? How many people have dug a 50 year old paper label bottle in mint condition? I am not saying I believe the value should be double like a lot of other collectibles, But I feel my full / unopened bottles are worth more that an opened / used/ dug bottle based on the condition of "MY" full bottles. Again, I feel these opinions in here based on personal preference's such as mine. Thanks, Kevin....

iggyworf

Reaction score
I also agree about personal preference. I would value full bottles a tiny bit more than ampty, but then again the only way to know if its the original contents is to open it and taste it. Which would not be a good idea! I have a good amount of full ones and they are in very good condition. My girlfriend collects all different coca cola. She prefers her commemorative's to be full. She won't buy one if its empty. She has about 50 to 60 of them. They are heavier to transport though.Peace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday