G.O. Blake's KY Whiskey in Clear

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Asterx

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this whiskey in clear/amethyst?

21-01.jpg

I got home from taking notes on some bottles I was interested in and realized that I have the above bottle in clear/amethyst and NOT the common Blake's Rye & Bour Whisky.

They "KY" in the picture doesn't show up well but you get the idea or are familiar with them.... Any info greatly appreciated...

LC

Reaction score
Yes , I believe that is the bottle I have in clear . Its not where I can put my hands on it quick . Took an efatuation with it after seeing it on eBay . Gave twenty dollars for it plus shipping cost . After doing so , and giving it some thought , I got the feeling I over paid for it , but that is not the first time I did that lol . Looks good but looks much better in amber .

Asterx

Reaction score
Thanks Louis, so you think its the "KY" and not the "Rye & Bour" that you have in clear?...

I really can't even find a picture of a clear/sca "KY" Blake's on the net... Weird huh?

Here's the one we see around a lot:
4.blake-adams-taylor%2Bbottle.jpg

Asterx

Reaction score
The barrel on the left on mind does have the same GOB as the Rye&Bour... strange

LC

Reaction score
If I can force myself out tomorrow to trapes through the snow to get out back in the building where the bottle is I will take a look at it and see . All I actually remember is the barrels and that it is from Louisville , Ky .

Asterx

Reaction score
I sympathize with you about the snow. Dont trudge out just to take a look just for the sake of the Blake [;)].

What interests me the most is that I cannot find the same bottle I have on the net. And I'm not quite sure why.

Heres the picture of the Blake that I speak of:

F397277CE2BE4030BD6B8ED08E8CDF95.jpg

Attachments

• F397277CE2BE4030BD6B8ED08E8CDF95.jpg
    F397277CE2BE4030BD6B8ED08E8CDF95.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 111

grizz44

Reaction score
Here's one that sold on Worthpoint. Can't tell you what it sold for as I'm not a member. Until your post I thought they were all the clear "Rye and Bour" versions .... I sure do like that amber one in your post.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/o-blake-double-barrel-rye-bourbon-158909148

Asterx

Reaction score
Thanks Chuck and Ryan. Chuck you found one, thanks [:)], unfortunately I've used up my free pass. When I did have it, it seemed for some reason or another a good number of the items I was looking up, there were no prices to. Go figure.

The similarities to the (I'm assuming) older amber varient but with the same GOB on the left barrel makes me think this was a segue between the KY and the Rye&Bour... (?)

grizz44

Reaction score
Here's a link to a little history on Adams and Taylor. I think your probably right about the "Rye and Bour" variants being newer since their first trademark was for Bourbon County KY Whiskey in the 1870's

http://pre-prowhiskeymen.blogspot.com/2012/01/toward-solving-mystery-of-go-blake.html

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology