GEM Jar not in RB 10

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Colors are difficult. The same batch will look different depending on the lighting and the thickness of the glass you look at. I mostly call anything that's light blue green in any tint an aqua.

deenodean

Reaction score
I agree with cowseatmaise, color interpretation can be difficult, especially when looking at a picture and not the real jar. There are so many color variations out there. I am definitely no photographer but personally I find that taking pictures outside under overcast skys will give the closest and best color. If you look at my previous post ' what color is this Mason jar' ? , I was told by a professional that the color of the Mason jar was Ball Blue, making it $10-20 jar. However he came to that conclusion because of the photo I sent him. Looking back I should have taken it outside , not indoors. Having the Teal Staffords Ink next to it for comparison this time helped a great deal too. Having the correct color interpretation in some jars can make a jar worth pennies or thousands. The Red Book #10 mentions Teal as a color that is subject to wide interpretation. So sometimes it is all in the eye of the beholder...[:)]

deenodean

Reaction score
Well this rare jar is now MINE...Chuck decided to sell it to me...a nice addition to my collection of Nova Scotia glass!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75