GEOCACHING

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi JGUIS,

I've been geocaching in Maine and NH for about 3 years, Found over 500 so far. Found a lot of old foundations and a few bottle dumps as well. Just have to watch along trails etc.I use "Ye Olde Prospector " there as well.

Cliff

JGUIS

Reaction score
Nice! We've got just over 200 finds and around 30 hides. I'm the type to put a real effort into my hides, I hate easy finds. I just got back from working on a new hide, and let me say it's difficult to haul a 24' extension ladder half mile through the woods at dark. I also did some prep work on one the other day, which consisted of moving a sandstone block from the ruins of a collapsed stone building, 200' to the trunk. I hollowed it out to fit an ammo can inside, and mounted it to a base with hinges. It should fit right in with the other 1000 or so just like it within 30'.[;)]
Most of the ones we have aren't real short either, I try to keep it at least 1/4-1/2 mi. round trip if I'm taking someone in the woods. I also am a firm believer in using either something of importance, or very interesting to everyone at all my locations (like a cemetery a mile from any roads in the woods, an oak tree with a 20' circumference, a 32 pickup in a deep ravine a mile from anywhere) We're Team Guisinger BTW.

JGUIS

Reaction score
I can actually give you exact coords.[:D] Engine's missing, frame rusted away long ago, pretty much just the cab and bed are left sticking out of the creekbed. I hid the cache up under the dash.[;)] I also found a 30s model fire truck a few hundred yards behind a firehouse which closed in the 50s, and it still had wheels.[8|]

JGUIS

Reaction score
Makes me wonder what else was dumped in that ravine. Wonder if the value of the truck is more than the equipment rental to get it out.[&o]

JGUIS

Reaction score
If I get a chance in the next couple days. I'm leaving next week, be back the 23rd. If it wasn't a mile hike, I'd grab one tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday