GI-26 American Eagle / Washington Pictoral Flask and Its Variants

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ohiosulator

Reaction score
Hi all!

After I was told about this interesting American eagle flask i knew I had to acquire one. My friend who is a member here told me that Chris (Baltbottles) was offering one and I had to have it. So when I received it I knew me and my friend had to compare our examples. The standard GI 26 has 8 vertical ribs on the shield which is a dead giveaway to that one. Moving down the list we see that the "A" variant has 9 vertical ribs which in fact are scrunched together on the corner of the shield but it is visible there are 9. The "A" also has a keyed base which is the dead giveaway there. My friend had the A version. Next up is the "B" version.

Now the B had the same exact 9 bar design but has some different features that are minor. For one the stars are sharper. This is my GI26 varient. There are differences on Washingtons nose too I believe and a very very slightly smaller head on the eagle which is barely noticible.

Now the C version is a remake and features odd colors along with tiny stars and a few other things. But again, its not an original but a later remake so we will leave that out for now.

anyways Here are our two together

2012-04-27_10-26-38_282-1.jpg

Reverse

2012-04-27_10-27-04_485.jpg

I wish I had a shot of the bases but that slipped my mind...

Cody

Ohiosulator

Reaction score
I should note mine is on the left, my friends is the right

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem