Ginger Ale Bottles wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
beantown, you are more than welcome to post stuff for sale in the for swap/sell/wanted section of this site, welcome to the forum too [:)] .

GAC, That crown seal pepsi skittle is a great looking bottle. I recently found out that the Daniels Drouin also comes in a Codd bottle with Ginger ale on it, I've got a Daniels codd but not with Ginger ale on it.
The list of Ginger ale bottles still seems to be growing [:D] .

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello Irish,

Yes the list of ginger ales does grow. Believe me, I know all too well. Haven't come across a Dow's patent for you yet, but one will turn up. Here are some more skittles as you call them. Here in the US they are called duckpins, or tenpins. Duckpins is probably a more accurate name. Duckpins are a smaller version of regular bowling (tenpins) that started up in the US about 1900. The bowling ball is smaller also, about 6 inches, and you get three balls per turn, rather two. Anyway, from left to right (all ginger ales of course) Indian Rock (no location), Brockport Club, from Brockport, NY, Turk's Head from Providence, RI, sun-colored Indian Rock from Richmond, VA, and the last two are Indian Rock from Norfolk, VA, and Annapolis, MD. The last two are the same bottle mold as the Pepsi one in an earlier post.

Ki20025.gif

Attachments

• Ki20025.gif
    Ki20025.gif
    173.6 KB · Views: 83

madman

Reaction score
whoa i think im in ginger ale heaven all i can say is wow !!!!! mike

madman

Reaction score
hey gang finally found a ginger ale bottle here it is mike

Us54847.jpg

madman

Reaction score
highland park gingerale co. highland park mich near detroit

Ig11556.jpg

warith

Reaction score
there is a nice condition, and from what understand, probably quite rare Australian (Sydney) Ginger Ale in this auction (far right, the Blue Bow from Tooth & Co):
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6230189113

(and no; I don't know the seller personally; so this ain't an add).

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Nice ginger ale! That is one I haven't seen before. Many companies started out making ginger ale as their top of the line product because in the early days of sodamaking, ginger ale was what people wanted. If you didn't have ginger ale, customers went elsewhere. That's why you'll see bottles embossed Something Something Ginger Ale Company because they wanted "Ginger Ale" to be in their name. Eventually they stopped putting ginger ale on the bottle and used the crown cap to tell you what flavor it was, including ginger ale. But they kept the original name of the company, so your bottle, from the Highland Park Ginger Ale Company could have held everything from birch beer to root beer. Canada Dry started out as The Canada Dry Ginger Ale Company!

Ginger Ale collector

Reaction score
Hello Warith,

Thanks for the alert on the Blue Bow. It's a very pretty bottle-I do have that one. I'm glad I do as I would have missed the auction. My computer decided to behave poorly and needed a visit to repair depot- but all is well now! Thanks again!

madman

Reaction score
hello gac thanks for the info!!! you started one heck of a cool thread! amazing bottles heres a pix of the highland bottle

Sq47215.jpg

Attachments

• Sq47215.jpg
    Sq47215.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 79

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology