Ginger Beer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
I have this pottery bottle left to me by a good friend and fellow digger who left us way to early. It is a Murry & Buchan Pottery Bottle from Portabello. It doesn't say where Portabello is. What I would like to know is where it is from and any information about the company. Doesn,t matter what its worth, its not going any where. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Om33655.jpg

Attachments

• Om33655.jpg
    Om33655.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 62

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day

There is a short history of Buchan Pottery, including their brief partnership with Murray, to be found at the following weblink:
http://www.bygonz.co.uk/Buchan.htm

Portobello is near Edinburgh, Scotland and later examples of the pottery used a "Thistle" trademark - they are particularly well known for their Whiskey jugs.

Another website has information relating to Buchan and other potteries of Portobello: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/libraries/portobello/pottery/pottery.html

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Warren...

Good morning to ya. I found one of those ginger beers up here in Maine too, so it had a wide distribution for sure. I like the crockery bottles and items, they sure look good around the house.[:)]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Thanks Des, Thats just what I was looking for. I really appreciate the help.[:D]

Yeah Wayne the crockery stuff is fun to collect.[:)]Seems like most of what I find is imported unlike our land locked brethern who dig crockery made in their home state.[8|]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal