Good luck Bottle Karma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
I liked this post, so I resurrected it.

I am very superstitious, as is my digging partner.

My number one rule is NEVER talk about a dig before you dig it... especially on a forum or amongst groups of people. I also think its bad luck to wish someone luck before a dig...

I have a lucky digger, which must be used, in fact my partner will not use his own in a privy but insists on using mine!

If I wake up before the alarm goes off then it s going to be a good day

I do not break junk bottles, its bad luck

I agree with the bucket thing. When ever I bring an extra box we get nothing!

I have a porcelain badge from a fireman's helmet I dug with the lucky number 7 on it. After digging it I had the best digging month of my life. It goes with me now...

When I dig privies with my partner John I have to wear a certain shirt, it is my lucky shirt he tells me...

And yes, it is all about the force...

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Very cool thread, thanks Tigue!! Having been here for only a few months, I am a bit intimidated by all the archival history here, but there's a LOT of good stuff there!! Usually I surf the most recent posts, but on a relatively slow night like this, you've got the right idea!
Personally I am completely unsuperstitious... and my collection is measurably worthless... hmmmm...

RED Matthews

Reaction score
HI ALL OF YOU! I'm too old to dig but I have a couple old dump spots in NY that I check out if I am near them. I do enjoy your pictures and histories like the insulator dump. I have four bushel baskets of insulators I have come across in the last 70 years. A skidillion items have followed me home for years. Old things just fascinate me with the creativity of people - their ingenuity to solve problems or challenges - and the beauty they can create at the same time. My wife thinks I'm a bit NUTS!! I tell her that "I is what I is!" and that ticks her off even more. Oh well. RED Matthews

beendiggin

Reaction score
My superstition is buttons. If I see a button in the dirt, no matter what, I stop what I'm doing and put it in my pocket. I can't say it's brought me any special bottles, but it does make me feel like I'm doing the right thing.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
All I do, is pray for a good day of bottle digging the night before.The spot that I pray in the is the weird thing [;)]

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Bram I use the power of negative thinking. I tell myself you drove all this way and there is not a chance in hell you will find anything, just be glad your not at work and healthy enough to be out here in the first place. Sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. Would it be weird if I rub your belly next time I see you?[:D] Dont worry it will all melt before you know it.

BittersMax

Reaction score
Great topic ! It's long been evident to me that it is possible to manifest your own destiny and have the ability to change certain courses in the path of our lives. Some of the things that often make the cosmic bottle gods shine on my life are as follows;

1. I never bring empty boxes, their definitely bad luck.
2. I have a lucky green T shirt, that has proved itself time after time.
3. Some of the best bottles I've dug were on or just before a full moon, I often plan my digs around moon cycles.
4. I've carried a lucky two dollar bill in my wallet for almost 30 years.
5. Pay it forward, keep your karma account full, it will come back to you at some point in time.
6. Good deeds promote good things and bad only brings bad. What goes around, comes around.

Adventure out with no expectations and you'll never be disappointed.

baltbottles

Reaction score
I just play the odds myself. I found that if you dig as many holes as you can as often as you can. Sooner or later one will have good bottles in it.

Chris

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey