Got invited to dig by a local forum member. (chemical dump)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nmozeko

Reaction score
yes sir we had a good time...and More to be dug... But I agree...its anybody's guess what they dumped in that soil. I believe some of those tar ingredients are still on the shelves today though....

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: nmozeko

yes sir we had a good time...and More to be dug... But I agree...its anybody's guess what they dumped in that soil. I believe some of those tar ingredients are still on the shelves today though....

There's a lot of tar in those cigarettes to [8D]

nmozeko

Reaction score
haha! Now I am ready to go back, after lookin at the pics..

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Just in case you should take The Badger to sniff any sealed containers you might accidently open. This dump probably dates
through WWI and things like Phosgene and mustard gas probably came out of NJ at that time. :(

Nah, that stuff was made where I work!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

Just in case you should take The Badger to sniff any sealed containers you might accidently open. This dump probably dates
through WWI and things like Phosgene and mustard gas probably came out of NJ at that time. :(

Nah, that stuff was made where I work!

You make mustard gas?? LOL

cobaltbot

Reaction score
No kidding, my base was a major producer and stockpiller of chemical weapons during its early years, now we concentrate on making soldiers safe from those things and many other dangers.
Now ya know why I'm more than a little wierd........

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I live next to the Army's Ft Detrick. Where the Army has done chemical and bio weapons research over the last century. They buried some really nasty stuff at a couple sites near here during WWII. They spent millions of superfund money cleaning them up a few years ago. Not dumps you would have wanted to find. Every once in a while a monkey with plague or ebola seems to escape so we have that going for us...

nmozeko

Reaction score
Yeah, I went through a superfund cleanup of the town where I lived: buried batteries and lead dust, whole town got cleaned up. They came into each residence and ripped up flooring, cleaned out basements and attics, put people in hotels: unbelievable cleanup. The weirdest thing was going down to the creek with my dog (as we had for long time) and suddenly finding men in white suits and masks fencing areas off....

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

No kidding, my base was a major producer and stockpiller of chemical weapons during its early years, now we concentrate on making soldiers safe from those things and many other dangers.
Now ya know why I'm more than a little wierd........

yeah I often wondered about you. At shows you seemed a little to mellow. [8D]

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter