Got out today, found a dump!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGIN DOC

Reaction score
GREAT POST AND PICS! NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL WHEN FINDING OLD FARM DUMPS AROUND HERE...LUCK OF THE DRAW!

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: passthebottle

Interesting "Hair Tea" by Dr. Kennedy of Roxbury Mass, with lip chip

1FDBCF7167C7468DBA4F9C9E83EEB3AA.jpg

Evening,

I do like that Hair Tea. I could use some. [8D]

KENNEDY_HT.jpg

"Kennedy's Hair Tea
Donald Kennedy was a Patent Medicine Manufacturer in Roxbury, Mass. from around 1848 to the late 1880s. In the 1850s when he needed a national distributor he selected Charles H. Ring (see Ring's Ambrosia). The business address in 1854 was at 120 Warren Street.

By 1876, George Kennedy had joined him in the business. According to the Wilsons, he opened a central distributing depot in Boston that year. It is likely that George was one of Donald's sons.

The Hair Tea (Oil of Tea) was described in John F. Henry catalogs as "an unequaled promoter of the growth and beauty of the hair" in 1872, and "A vegetable Tonic & preserver of the Hair" in 1880. The first reference to the Hair Tea I found was an ad in an 1871 Harper's Weekly. The last time I found it for sale was in the 1885 McKesson & Robbins catalog.

In the 1875 John F. Henry catalog, the Hair Grower was said to "cure scaly eruptions on the head, and covers bald spots with Hair." Another ad in the 1885 McKesson & Robbins catalog said it was "for scald head & loss of hair from dandruff & heat." The earliest listing of the Hair Grower I've found was in the 1872 Henry catalog. The last reference I found to the product was in the 1901 Morrison & Plummer catalog." Hair Raising Stories.

KENNEDY_1875.jpg

passthebottle

Reaction score
could use some.
, I'd like to find a cache[:D] Went back to the dump yesterday, they say that the third time is a charm, right? Wrong! I declare this dump previously DUG, the bottles that I was finding were more in the perimeters and in the "hard" areas (under tree stum,ps , rocks), I went into the area with the most concentration of glass and cans, or what we diggers call the "meaty" section for 2-3 hours and my dreams of buckets of bottles quckly evaporated to just a collection of 3 glass stoppers. Going to give it 1 more try with a digging partner, if you have seen Howard in Bill Ladd"s videos, he would be like his twin, can really move some dirt. I like to savour my dumps like a fine wine not guzzle it down, so he usually outdigs me by 3-1, but in this case lets just tear it up and see what else the other diggers left behind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4