Granite Glass heartbreaker

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
[X(]

This Granite Glassworks, Stoddard, NH flask was found in Kittery, Maine in 19 feet of water. It was covered with pink, coraline algae and My heart was punding when I saw it because I could read the embossing on the bottle through the algae!!![:eek:]

I brought it home, after stopping off to brag about it to my friend Kevin, and then I put it in the soup! (Muriatic acid)[8D]

I took it out several hours later and confirmed that it was a nice Granite Glassworks flask[:)] ... But... it had three large cracks in it[X(]... oh well...

I have found some other flask pieces and stoddard pieces in this area and I will continue to search until I have turned over every rock, lobster trap, boulder, piling, etc[&:]

Wayne

Fd91798.jpg

Attachments

• Fd91798.jpg
    Fd91798.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 56

Miles

Reaction score
That's a nice flask there! The front doesn't look too bad on display, but I can see why you're heartbroken. [:(]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hi Miles...

Yea, I was pretty sad when I took it out of the soup.[X(] When I found it, the bottle was covered with pink coraline algae, which is a very thin layer of a hard calcium. You could read the embossing on it right through the algae, so I knew I had a good one.

Anyway, I showed it to a couple of friends and then brought it home and put it in the cleaning bucket... oh well, there are more out here i'm sure. I've found oh, probably 15 - 20 nice flasks there, so I'm still hoping.

Wayne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc