Great PATERSON score...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: botlguy

ORIGINAL: hunting262

How much were they?
Mind your manners young man, that is an impolite question and none of your business.

Spot on Jim! A little too forward if you ask me. Nice job again Jim-epackage! You sure do pay your dues! Very nice Sir.

PD

epackage

Reaction score
Thanks Tom...Nothing like adding 9 NEW bottles to my collection in one shot like this[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
Great score Jim, congrats!

Please post close-ups of the collection pieces when ya can.

Also, I have never heard of a pint/16 ounce hutch, so if you could post a lineup of the normal, pint, and quart hutches that would be sweet to see. I wonder if there are any 1/2 gallon or full gallon hutches out there?

And Arek; it is indeed generally frowned upon to ask what scores like this cost a person. I learned that fact the hard way myself, back in 5th grade, and i was chastised by my teacher in front of the whole class. Not only was it extremely embarrassing, but at the time I didn't know what the heck I had done wrong! [:D] Just like you, presumably, I was only seeking a greater knowledge of the market and the money-driven world in general, and had no interest in personal financial specifics.

Your question was innocent, but when you get older and life gets more complicated for you, you will see that such information can damage the profits and business success of those who secure good deals if that info is freely offered up. For example, within a week I'm going to buy 25 kilograms of a certain chemical for 50/kilo, or 1250.00 shipped, as i am almost out of my last 25kg order. I sell the stuff for 400/kilo, and smaller quantities sell for far more per gram. I stand to make a good 15,000+ off of it, but if i told people what the chemical was or where I was getting it from, shady lowlifes would try to jump in and ruin the market I've spent countless hours creating for it. And tomorrow, I'm spending 660.00 on a batch of inventory that will provide a 1000% profit, roughly speaking anyway. Basically, asking for specifics about profitable scores is improper and highly discouraged in this society because of how vulnerable it makes oneself to threats from inferior competition or jealous scumbags who can't figure it out themselves.

If you must ask such questions, it is best done confidentially via private message.

Asterx

Reaction score
Congrats Jim, that must have gotten your heart pounding. And whats most important is that you filled a few more gaps in your collection. Have fun with it [:)]

sandchip

Reaction score
Good going, Jim! Let us see some individual pictures when you can. How do you advertise your bottle wants to the general public?

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Great find, Jim. You're spot on about working the net for finds. It's amazing what can be found and your score is proof.

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

This is the reason why Melinda...

In 1791, Alexander Hamilton helped found the Society for the Establishment of Useful Manufactures (SUM), which helped encourage the harnessing of energy from the Great Falls of the Passaic River, to secure economic independence from British manufacturers. Paterson, which was founded by the society, became the Cradle of the Industrial Revolution in America.

The industries developed in Paterson were powered by the 77-foot high Great Falls, and a system of water raceways that harnessed the power of the falls, providing the power for the mills in the area until 1914 and fostering the growth of the city around the mills. The district originally included dozens of mill buildings and other manufacturing structures associated with the textile industry and later, the firearms, silk, and railroad locomotive manufacturing industries. In the latter half of the 19th century, silk production became the dominant industry and formed the basis of Paterson's most prosperous period, earning it the nickname "Silk City." In 1835, Samuel Colt began producing firearms in Paterson, although within a few years he moved his business to Hartford, Connecticut. Later in the 19th century, Paterson was the site of early experiments with submarines by Irish-American inventor John Philip Holland. Two of Holland's early models — one found at the bottom of the Passaic River — are on display in the Paterson Museum, housed in the former Rogers Locomotive and Machine Works near the Passaic Falls.
Thanks Jim. that is very interesting and explains a lot.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583