Great PATERSON score...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:)] Cool gets Jim, real exciting to get something for your collection. You might keep Red in mind re that chipped bottle, maybe it was done in the mnfg??[:)]

sandchip

Reaction score
Plummy's right, that's the most amazing impact fracture I've ever seen. The negative bulb of percussion is at the heel of the bottle where it was hit, with the conchoidal fracture lines radiating outward like ripples in water as the force traveled through the glass. Absolutely incredible. What a prize you've got there, Jim. I think even an Indian artifact collector would love to have that one as a go-with in his collection.

Do you mind if I post that on an artifact site? I'm sure they'd like to see it.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I think a solid case has been made for the sparing of the piece from the landfill. [:)] Heck, someone might even pay a premium for it. Damaged, sure, but very beautiful damage which demonstrates so perfectly the conchoidal fracture exhibited by stressed glass, as was well-put by sandchip.

Never seen anything remotely like it.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

I think a solid case has been made for the sparing of the piece from the landfill. [:)] Heck, someone might even pay a premium for it. Damaged, sure, but very beautiful damage which demonstrates so perfectly the conchoidal fracture exhibited by stressed glass, as was well-put by sandchip.

Never seen anything remotely like it.
It will be saved and given away to whoever wants it the most...[;)]

NyDigger1

Reaction score
thanks jim, I just wanted it because I think that its really cool for the flaw, Ill get it from ya at oakland if you can bring it[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause